Tried out the NT05R's

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
I got the car out today after the new Nitto NT05R's were installed on Monday. (285/40R18) All I can say is these are unbelievable. It was in the 40's today so I didn't expect much in traction, but they keep the car hauling out in 1st gear even though they are spinning (street) and as long as didn't speed shift or shift too hard I got all of second gear. They grip as good, but probably better than Mickey drag radials.

My wife was actually scared for once in 27 years of us being together the first time I got on it. With almost 600 rwhp I am delighted and didn't expect this. Get these tires!!!

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They were quiet. I'm curious about getting caught in the rain. Anybody have that experience?

I would expect poor manners in the rain. Or at least standing water, even a small amount. The big middle strip is just begging for a puddle to float across.

I bought them for DD and drag strip use, but I don't plan on rainy day use.

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
The tires seem like the do alright in the rain. Only express I have with the was Dreadknought was following me and he hit it and went almost 90 °. Maybe he will chim in with a better update on that.

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
I went too long with this car having street tires on it. I'll never own a supercharged car again without meats like these because I can actually enjoy second gear for once and even a good part of first gear.

funmoneypit

forum member
Reaction score
That is really nice to hear. I don't have the HP you have but I have no traction in first and very little in second if I power shift. I just bought these same tires along with some Bullitt deep dish rims from AM. I have to wait until the snow goes away to get them on and see how they do. I should have no problem if they can handle your power. I will be really interested to see how they do at the track as I had to baby it off the line and granny shift second. I also bought LCA's and a panhard bar. Can't wait for nice weather!!!!

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Anthony have you ever used the Hoosier DR's ? I would like to know which is better out of the two.

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
No, I have never used them, just Mickeys and M&H Racemasters. I think these are great because of the available sizes, street manners and the street hook I got yesterday in the 40's temp wise. Can't wait to get warm weather and tow her to Cecil County. I have to make sure I don't get the habitual itch though.

Back