Votes: 38 61.3%
  • 2011 GT

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
Before you move it, at least read all the way through first, lol.

I just took in a 2008 GT500 on trade with 13k original miles. I've always wanted a GT500 ever since I sold my whippled 07 GT. In fact that was the main reason for the sale, then the 500 I was working on went sideways and I lost interest for a bit.

The Mustang world has evolved quite a bit over the last couple years ago, and the new 5.0 is obviously nothing to sneeze at. My price on the GT500 is $29,000. I put clean trade in it when I took it in. It has a pretty big mileage add (about 3k) hence the little higher price.

Since I've gone down this road I've been wondering about the 5.0 and it's capabilities. I love the body style and the interior, but I can't stop modding things. I'm a horsepower junkie and the GT500 will be much easier to get there.

So I'd like to pose this question. If you could choose either the GT500 or 11' 5.0, which one would you choose and why? Let's keep the discussion reasonable and limit total (umm performance) :) mods to 5k on either car.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anything opinion related is probably not tech

/\ Not always, but in this case 100%

This is soooooooooooo TECH, lol.
:lol:
TToTD? GT500 got my vote, that just because I want one!
yes
"Which one should I buy?" threads are NOT tech on this forum. WTF makes this tech?
/\ this

MustangForum.com is where this thread needs to be....

nah..... not that bad, belongs in Chat and hence it's moved.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
TEKKKKKK!

I think you should get a Camaro and paint it pink.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
TEKKKKKK!

I think you should get a Camaro and paint it pink.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

Good grief. I figure I'd hurt all you pussies feelings. Not tech, blah blah, it's the end of the world, boo hoo.

Considering it had to do with performance mods between the two, I think there was some validity in where I posted it. If it was a strict, which one would you pick, I would tend to agree. But whatever; sorry I got everyone here all butt hurt.

Carry on with your deep dissertations, sorry to have interrupted. :321: :lol:

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Which one would you pick based on performance mods = not tech.

Answer: GT500

Tech would be "I have done all of this research into mods for each car personally and here are my results so that we can know which is truly better."

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
GT500 and a blower swap. That will be an easy 5 g's though maybe more.

If you want good track times I hope you can drive. Otherwise 5.0 plus automatic ftw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
5.0 has my vote. I was looking for a GT500 before I bought the 5.0 but just didn't want to go back to that body style (not that I hate it) or interior. The new 5.0 with a blower is still a beast. Even without a blower it's a blast to drive. I'm not chasing a 1/4 mile best either so 500+whp is fine with me.

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'd choose a first gen shelby over a 5.0. That said a local guy in our car clun had a basic bolt on pullied 07+ gt500. He sold it not long ago. From what I could tell he liked the car a lot but my 3v did pull on him. He recently picked up a track pack 13 and prefers that car over the shelby. If you'd like I can dig up his thread and you csn read his feelings on the matter.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
It depends what you want to do with the car... will it be a daily driver... driven in traffic everyday?

or

will it sit most days in your garage and be driven when you feel the need for speed...

Daily Driver - 5.0 (automatic)

Garage Queen - GT500

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good grief. I figure I'd hurt all you pussies feelings. Not tech, blah blah, it's the end of the world, boo hoo.

Considering it had to do with performance mods between the two, I think there was some validity in where I posted it. If it was a strict, which one would you pick, I would tend to agree. But whatever; sorry I got everyone here all butt hurt.

Carry on with your deep dissertations, sorry to have interrupted. :321: :lol:

Funny....

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
It depends what you want to do with the car... will it be a daily driver... driven in traffic everyday?

or

will it sit most days in your garage and be driven when you feel the need for speed...

Daily Driver - 5.0 (automatic)

Garage Queen - GT500

I drive my GT500 every day. I sit in traffic normally, perfectly manageable. The stock clutch in my 3V is more stiff. It sits outside in the rain too.

Get the 2008 GT500, put a 2010+ clutch in it and have fun. The 5.0's are great cars but I don't regret for a second getting my 2012 GT500 and forgoing a 2013 Boss 302. Sure there is a difference between the 07-10 and the 11-12 but for the most part these cars can be improved all around and be fun as hell.

Port the stock blower on the GT500, smaller upper, bigger lower, intake, tune, TB, o/r x and your set + throw in some suspension to keep it on the road.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back