tune or something else?

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I would say put the stock air filter assembly/box back, have the tune remove the CAI. And your idle issues will go away.

very doubtful. Issue didn't arise until long tubes and accompanying tune went on the car. I've checked exhaust for leaks, fixed any I found. Like I said, Bama was adjusting something that made it better. Not sure if it was DSFO settings, maybe o2 delay timing, not sure ... they never divulged it to me. But, something was being changed in the tune.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
LTs dont 'need' a tune change on a coyote. When I put the LTs on, I did not update the O2 transport delay at first just to see the effect. My car ran just fine. The only thing noticable in the datalogs were the ranges the STFTs were swinging.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Well that's when the issue started happening on my car. LT's and the tune that went with it. Never did this issue with just the CAI

I'll check again for exhaust leaks when I feel like getting it back on my lift, but I couldn't find any last time.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Run the know good tune before long tube changes to see if that makes a difference.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Run the know good tune before long tube changes to see if that makes a difference.

Can't. I have an '18+ manifold on my car now and Bama can't tune for it. I don't want to put the tune from Bama with the OEM manifold on my car. That's why I use PBD now.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Just wanted to update this.
Recently changed my spark plugs as it was getting to be time. They didn't look bad, no cracked insulators or bent tips or anything. But changing my plugs basically fixed this problem.

So no, it was never the AM tune.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Recently changed my spark plugs as it was getting to be time. They didn't look bad, no cracked insulators or bent tips or anything. But changing my plugs basically fixed this problem.

Good deal. Just a suggestion........if you have a good DVOM you can set it up for 20K ohms range & check the plug's resistor in center electrode for high olms (resistance). Most plugs resistors should olm out between 2K-7K if good......if above 10K they can impede spark energy & cause weak combustion\misfires.

I tested a set of MC HFSC-24FP plugs that weren't 6 mos old (car misfiring) once & found 2 of them hitting OL thru center electrode thus were the 2 bad plugs.....all 8 passed visuals & the rest tested good between 2K-4K olms. The resistors in the spark plug's center electrodes can\do fail.........it's rare but it can\does happen.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score

How long since they were previously changed?

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Good deal. Just a suggestion........if you have a good DVOM you can set it up for 20K ohms range & check the plug's resistor in center electrode for high olms (resistance). Most plugs resistors should olm out between 2K-7K if good......if above 10K they can impede spark energy & cause weak combustion\misfires.

I tested a set of MC HFSC-24FP plugs that weren't 6 mos old (car misfiring) once & found 2 of them hitting OL thru center electrode thus were the 2 bad plugs.....all 8 passed visuals & the rest tested good between 2K-4K olms. The resistors in the spark plug's center electrodes can\do fail.........it's rare but it can\does happen.

Good to know, I will add this to the knowledge banks.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score

did them twice previously around 50-60k each time, this one was pushing it. Manual says 100k. Looks like I'm going back to the 50-60k intervals.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Back in the day spark plugs would have been the first thing to look at in a situation like this. Points, wires and coil too. But I have changed my plugs at least 6 or 7 times with 130K on the clock. Maybe that is a bit excessive but I'm one that pulls them at least twice a year for cleaning and inspection, that is just the old fart in me.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Back in the day spark plugs would have been the first thing to look at in a situation like this. Points, wires and coil too. But I have changed my plugs at least 6 or 7 times with 130K on the clock. Maybe that is a bit excessive but I'm one that pulls them at least twice a year for cleaning and inspection, that is just the old fart in me.

only reason I didn't suspect that it was my spark plugs, was that it only started after long tube install. It appeared as the cause/effect was the long tube install and/or accompanying tune that went along with it.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
funny, that's the first source recommended by almost everyone for finding out information such as this.
Correct. I say this because working in the industry, especially at a dealer we see them needed sooner most times. I think that mileage is what the guestimate for replacement. It is not set in stone.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Correct. I say this because working in the industry, especially at a dealer we see them needed sooner most times. I think that mileage is what the guestimate for replacement. It is not set in stone.
I hear ya. I do drive a lot, but it's usually easy miles. My car spends a lot of time under or at 2k rpms because of my daily commute. I wouldn't call my driving extremely hard.

I just know that I need to go back to the 50-60k intervals now.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I ran into a spark plug issue with my bikes. Both injected suzukis. Dropping one cylinder intermittently. Actually moved plugs and misfire moved with bad plug. Looked perfect visually. Funny thing, as soon as I put in new plugs, (fixed the running issue) both needed new batteries.
So, in conclusion, Suzuki bikes dont do well when the battery is getting old.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I do drive a lot, but it's usually easy miles. My car spends a lot of time under or at 2k rpms because of my daily commute. I wouldn't call my driving extremely hard.

I just know that I need to go back to the 50-60k intervals now.
Crazy as it is, quality of the product might have changed possibly if a vendor was changed somewhere along the line.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back