Tune

DTH-DLR

DTH-DLR
Reaction score
Ok guys here is my problem my tuner wont read accessories. (iTSX 4015). So here is what happened I disconnected the negative cable to remove the P/S airbag. I also removed the CAI for some painting and what not. So I had to move the car so I reconnected the battery and moved it without the CAI hooked up, but only for about 50ft and barely gave it any throttle. I have replace everything and the car doesn't want to run I got it started but only for about 15 sec.
If anyone has any suggestion I would appreciate it. I have already called my self an idiot about 100 times so I don't need to hear it .lol
thanks
Lance

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
First I'd check for vacuum leaks.

Ok guys here is my problem my tuner wont read accessories. (iTSX 4015). So here is what happened I disconnected the negative cable to remove the P/S airbag. I also removed the CAI for some painting and what not. So I had to move the car so I reconnected the battery and moved it without the CAI hooked up, but only for about 50ft and barely gave it any throttle. I have replace everything and the car doesn't want to run I got it started but only for about 15 sec.
If anyone has any suggestion I would appreciate it. I have already called my self an idiot about 100 times so I don't need to hear it .lol
thanks
Lance

DTH-DLR

DTH-DLR
Reaction score
I only unhooked the CAI, I didn't have any issues before I did that. But I will check around to make sure I didn't hit anything

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you plug the MAF back in?

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Did you plug the MAF back in?

It will start and run without the maf plugged in. It won't run worth a shit when you give it throttle but it will idle fine.

I'd be afraid of some sort of airbag safety interlock preventing the ignition circuit from being completed. All these computer controlled safety items can be great when they work, but it's too easy to disable your car and be stuck.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
The airbag system doesn't cause any issues with the car running. I pulled the SRS box out of my car (behind the climate controls) when I was doing some weight savings and no changes were made to my tune for it being removed.

DTH-DLR

DTH-DLR
Reaction score
No it actually runs fine with the MAF unplugged, the minute I plug it in the car dies. It will start with the MAF plugged in but will only run for about 15 sec. Now I figure if I could get my hand held to link I could re flash it but the hand held wont link, it says it won't read accessory

DTH-DLR

DTH-DLR
Reaction score
Ok so I went out and disconnected the battery took out the MAF flipped it 180 and now it runs fine. I feel like a idiot I thought the MAF only fit 1 way. I guess it only fits 1 way in the holder but holder to housing it fits anyway. SMH Thanks guys for helping out.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Look for the arrow...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back