Tuner question

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I apologize ahead of time if this question has already been answered but my search techniques suck.
My buddy wrecked his 05GT, I have an 11GT. When he wrecked he had the car tuned to 93. He gave me the tuner, what is the process in which I unlock his and buy tunes for my car? It's an SCT 3, thanks.

Anything free is worth saving up for!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
If it's locked and you don't have the original car it was locked too, you have to send it to SCT to get it unlocked. I think they charge $150. But check to make sure. Also, make damned sure you don't load up ANY tune for ANY Mustang made before 2011. Your new 5.0L engine, if it even started which I doubt, would turn queer and eat itself. You need a tune specifically for the 5.0L motor and you'll also need your PCM Serial number. Even if it were unlocked, I don't think it would load up his old tune anyway.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
You'll need to verify serial numbers. If it was made pre-2007 then it won't work b/c the memory banks on the actual tuner are not large enough to work with the newer computers. They require too much memory.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back