Tuning with 80 lb/hr injectors

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
I stepped up my injector size as I have decided to go bigger with my combo. Everything was great except that I am idling at or below 10:1. He is telling me there's just nothing to be done about it and I will have to deal with it. Does anyone have some info on this? I did a few searches and came up empty. These are the ford racing 80s, and he's using HP tuners.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Does he have the newest values? It used to be the minimum pulse width had to be decreased from whatever the value file has. I'm not sure if it's still like that. But there's no reason for you to live with a rich idle. I had mine idling 14.5-15.5. I had to pull a lot of fuel at first to get there.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
The only research I know he did was call a school in florida who told him it was impossible to idle properly on those injectors.

Does he have the newest values? It used to be the minimum pulse width had to be decreased from whatever the value file has. I'm not sure if it's still like that. But there's no reason for you to live with a rich idle. I had mine idling 14.5-15.5. I had to pull a lot of fuel at first to get there.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I'd look for another tuner. They're not plug and play like 60lb injectors, but it's possible to get them to idle fine.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are tuneable with some work, overall pulse control is poor on them, I didn't care for them and gas mileage was horrible.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back