turbo install

joeycol5

Reaction score
So I just purchased a turbo kit for my 06 gt.. it's a modified on3 kit with a precision 70/68. Have a few questions before getting started such as what type of fuel pump and injectors I should use. And what i should do to the motor it self to hold up to the boost... I'm aiming for 550-600 hp. Thanks in advance for any non trolling help lol

joeycol5

Reaction score
What rods and pistons are recommended I wanna do it right. And anything else besides that?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads about this. You can search the multitude of engine builds on here.

I would definitely build the bottom end. Kellogg crank, Manley H beam connecting rods, some Diamond or Manley pistons, etc. Research the engine build threads on here.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Good choice. Loads of few awesome turbo builds on here, some still in progress. Run a search and you'll find everything you need.

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
I got .20 over cp pistons and cp rods with all arp hardware. stock cranks 700rwhp is what the crank has been holding.also are u wanting to do 93oct, e85, or 110octance?

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your also going need a better trans (TR-6060 for a stick). I'm not sure what is done to your car, but if you drag race. Start saving for even more stuff, such as diff, control arms, etc.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Go on Modmax.com and browse the inventory there. Forged H-beams for reliability, any of the forged pistons should be good as well. They even have some short blocks you could buy. I have twin gt500 pumps/hat you could buy if you need more fuel or you could probably do an upgraded single pump if only going 550. You'll most likely need 60lb injectors.

joeycol5

Reaction score
Car will be drove often mostly just on just on the street so 93 octane would be what I'll be using. Car is completely stock btw. So iv been 60# injectors by some and 80# by a few others.

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Without a built motor, you won't be needing anything above 60's.

Until you build the motor, just keep the boost low (6 psi or so), so as to not put out too much power and break a rod or piston.

joeycol5

Reaction score
Look I'm new to the forum looked around didn't find all the answers I was looking for if you don't wanna help that's fine keep scrolling on the other hand thanks to everyone who has helped and doing what these forums are for...

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Reading comprehension? Posts 4 and 6? lol

You are wrong my friend. Glass houses.

My statement to the OP: Search! not even once. Pointing out the fact that he did not think before he asked.
This statement was separated by several breaks from the following of: S197 have yall gone soft?
Pointing out the fact the everyone has yet to remove the OP's head. Then run through the village with it on a pole! Just the opposite has happened. A slight mention of the search and it's bound full treasures, then actually giving helpful information.

Get it? :evillaugh:

Look I'm new to the forum looked around didn't find all the answers I was looking for if you don't wanna help that's fine keep scrolling on the other hand thanks to everyone who has helped and doing what these forums are for...

Easy bud. You are getting a kings portion of grace here tonight.

To answer your questions there are at least 10 Detailed threads on builds of this nature. Rotating assembly, good hard wear, and a good tuner are the big points in all builds.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back