turbo kits

captainN8

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am pretty set on going turbo. I have seen many good things about the Powerhouse Kit. Website seems to be not working I have PMed Mike earlier, no response yet about the contents of the kit and pricing. My question is this, the only other kit I have been looking at is the Turbonetics kit 550hp comes with BB turbo from Jegs(cheapest I have found this kit). Seems like the quality would be really good considering this is the one Shelby uses on the Shelby Turbo Mustang. Anybody have this kit that can provide some input?

I will eventually be upgrading the SB as well, but will keep the boost low(maybe even less than the standard 8.5lbs) until I get a forged setup.

Didn't find many details on the Turbonetics kit using the search. :thumb:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Out of all the kits out there powerhouse is my favortie. Not a fan of turbonetics brand stuff personaly but Helion is a popular kit and then hp performance kit.

captainN8

forum member
Reaction score
I have read of ground clearance issues even at stock height. Can anybody speak to this? I do not plan on lowering from stock height.
Thanks guys for the suggestions

blade

forum member
Reaction score
check turbo horsepower they have single and twin turbo kit ,Hellion also has a good turbo kit

blacks197

Reaction score
I went with a Turbohorsepower kit and love it. Both Hellion and THP are local to me. What i liked about the THP kit is the ground clearance,no pipes scraping even with BMR 2" lowering springs

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For a single I would also recommend the Powerhouse or the TurboHorsepower kit. You should talk to gzmo. He has an HP kit with an bullseye turbo and all the bugs worked out for a good price.

Earl

captainN8

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys for the input. Now i gotta start saving hardcore I have plenty of time for a final decision by then.

captainN8

forum member
Reaction score
What gears do you guys think are optimum for a turbo like the Powerhouse, Hellion, etc. I know my 3.31s would be decent, but is there much to gain with 3.73s and turbo seems like much lower gearing than that and it wouldn't spool quickly?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With our heavy cars I think 3.73 is a very good gear, that is what I have. This ratio gets the car moving out of the hole but still loads the turbo well. I would try the stock gears first and if you're not happy you can always change them.

Earl

dsmx17

4x26.5 m/t ftw
Reaction score
fwiw i am going to use 4.10s on antilag to make the best of both, as for load vs rpm vs speed, the car may spool a little slower in 1st and 2nd while rolling, but 3-5th should be a non issue with brake boosting if needed.

captainN8

forum member
Reaction score
that's what i was thinking stick with my 3.31s can always change later. thanks for all the input, i really do like the look of the PH kit, although the Hellion seems to have a good backing. Anybody run at HRP on Friday night?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back