Turbo piping questions

tnsaleen

forum member
Reaction score
I have a On3 kit that I will be installing along with a built motor coming up, so stay tuned! This leads to some questions:

I have been toying with the idea of a custom hot side similar to the zimmers kit. 2.5" piping off the collecters, merging into a 3" up pipe. The main reason is clearance issues with the on3 are less than favorable.

My main concern is oil temperature if the pipe is ran beside the oil pan. I'll be running a 2013 GT500 cast oil pan. I know the fitment will be tight, but how much can this adversely effect the oil temps? The other option would be to route it between the a-arm and k-member, above the steering rack. I think that I could get it close enough to the frame rail and k-member that suspension travel would not effect this.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I swainteched my Zimmer hotside. I run the Moroso oil pan with no issues.

tnsaleen

forum member
Reaction score
If that zimmers kit was good for 750rwhp and about a grand less I would be interested (if in not mistaking, you were asking close to 2 grand). I think I'm going to order some v-bands, pipe, and flanges and try my hand at a hot side very similar to one eyed willy. I have a buddy who is an excellent tig welder who will put the finishing touches on it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back