turbo vacuum lines

cobrasrslow60

forum member
Reaction score
Alright guys I just want to go over this once so i make sure i do it correctly...

1. vacuum line from bov to vacuum line that attaches from the manifold to fuel sensor.

2. vacuum line from turbo compressor housing port, to bottom port of hallman manual boost controller, then side port goes to the lower vacuum port on the turbosmart ultragate 38.

then the top vacuum port gets capped or left open? i know you are supposed to run it to a electronic boost gauge if you are running one but if your not..???

let me know
thanks

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What BOV are you using? On my Tial the vacuum line must run from before the throttle body. The wastgate top port is usually left open if you are not running a boost controller.

Earl

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1. yes

2. vac source from the turbo for wg is the correct source, as to the routing follow the boost controller instructions.

cobrasrslow60

forum member
Reaction score
I am running a tial wastegate... so....

here is the boost controller diagram...
hallman-pro-rx-diagram.jpg

do does it go from compressor to boost controller to wga?

i know thats what the directions say but i just want to make sure... will i be using the lower port on the wga and just leaving the upper open?

cobrasrslow60

forum member
Reaction score
ok so t off the compressor housing one vacuum line runs to the in port of the mbc and the other run to the lower port of the wga... then connect the upper port of the wga to the output port of the mbc...

that right? is this how your currently running it? just worried heard to many stories of blown motors due to misran vacuum lines

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with manual boost controllers personaly, google is your friend for finding the prefered method. I think the way its done in the pic i linked is a good wat to do it.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used to tun the Hallman manual controller. Run the vacuum line from the intake manifold behind the TB, you can use any source as long it is behind the TB. Connect that line to the end port on the controller. Connect a line from the bottom port on the controller to the side input on the WG. Leave the top WG port open to atmosphere. Run a line from the intake piping in front of the TB to the BOV. Just remember you can only reliably increase the boost about half the pressure of the WG springs. If you have 10# spring in the WG you can make it 15# with the controller and it will controll it well. If you go much past the 1/2 rule of thumb the controller will have a hard time controlling it.

Earl

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used to tun the Hallman manual controller. Run the vacuum line from the intake manifold behind the TB, you can use any source as long it is behind the TB. Connect that line to the end port on the controller. Connect a line from the bottom port on the controller to the side input on the WG. Leave the top WG port open to atmosphere. Run a line from the intake piping in front of the TB to the BOV. Just remember you can only reliably increase the boost about half the pressure of the WG springs. If you have 10# spring in the WG you can make it 15# with the controller and it will controll it well. If you go much past the 1/2 rule of thumb the controller will have a hard time controlling it.

Earl

You wrote it backwards there Earl, you want the bov source from the manifold (pressure/vac source) after the tb. If you were to hook up the bov pre tb the bov wont open, and the bc/wg needs a pressure only source before the tb, preferably as close to the turbo as possible.

Last edited:

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
I run the same controller and you need to come off the compressor housing to the controller bottom port. Then from the controller side port to the WG side port and leave the top port on the WG open(vented to atmosphere).

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You wrote it backwards there Earl, you want the bov source from the manifold (pressure/vac source) after the tb. If you were to hook up the bov pre tb the bov wont open, and the bc/wg needs a pressure only source before the tb, preferably as close to the turbo as possible.
Your correct Jeremy, brain fart or senior moment whichever you want to call it, I was describing it just backwards. The WG source must come prior to the TB and the BOV source must come after the TB.

Earl

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your correct Jeremy, brain fart or senior moment whichever you want to call it, I was describing it just backwards. The WG source must come prior to the TB and the BOV source must come after the TB.

Earl

LOLyeah i knew you knew, figured you just wrote it backwards.
:thumb2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back