Turkey/Meat Shoots

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Yep! I love them, however it has been awhile since I last went.

My son, who was only 7 at the time, won a rack of ribs. While I was the loser, lol.

lilcrate

forum member
Reaction score
Yep! I love them, however it has been awhile since I last went.

My son, who was only 7 at the time, won a rack of ribs. While I was the loser, lol.

So, by the sound of your post, I'm assuming you didn't go enough to have a gun specifically built for them?

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
At turkey shoots here if you bring your own gun you have to put it in the rack. ANY other person is allowed to grab any gun off the rack and use it for their shot. Usually they alternate between meat and money. $5 buy in for meat and $10 buy in for money. 10 people per round ... winner gets meat or $80 and house keeps $20.

lilcrate

forum member
Reaction score
At turkey shoots here if you bring your own gun you have to put it in the rack. ANY other person is allowed to grab any gun off the rack and use it for their shot. Usually they alternate between meat and money. $5 buy in for meat and $10 buy in for money. 10 people per round ... winner gets meat or $80 and house keeps $20.

That is some BS! Nobody is shooting my gun lol.

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
So, by the sound of your post, I'm assuming you didn't go enough to have a gun specifically built for them?

No, I went quite a bit, but never would I build a shotgun just for that purpose. Its only for fun. If we win, we win.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to one since I was a teenager. I used to shoot registered trap so I usually did very well at them. My favorites were the shoots in Iowa, the had 1 1/4-1 1/2" thick pork chops they gave out to the winner.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back