Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Polish

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw a commercial on this product the other day, and since I had an unexpected day off today, I thought I'd wash the car and give it a try. Comes with the polish, applicator and microfiber towel.

Kind of greasy feel but you supposedly do the whole car at once, so I washed and dried the vehicle, put it in the garage to cool, and got to it. The directions said hot surfaces and direct sunlight are not a problem, but I just wanted to work in the shade. I covered the car surfaces except for the glass, and used the supplied towel and two more to "rub it in" and wipe off the excess.

Since it was my first time, I can see where I didn't get a good even coat in places, but it actually looks pretty damn good. Oddly, the black painted areas on the hood aren't "glistening" in the same way as the red base coat, but maybe that just needs a detailing spray touchup to bring out the luster. I'm going to let it sit for a bit before cleaning up the glass, detailing a few black moldings, and then the usual quick interior clean. I'll try to remember to get some pics of it before covering it up--it looks that good.

Tomorrow, I'll try it on my '97 GT vert, and if there's time, on one of the Fox Bodies over the weekend. $17 and used about 1/2"worth of liquid, so there should be many many applications in the bottle. Will have to see how long it holds up. Note the car never sees rain if I can help it, so I won't have any observations regarding weathering on the red car, but will on the other Mustangs.

A tentative thumbs up.

John

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The stuff rules. After i used all of the ICE products, (cleaner, clay bar, polish) i was asked if i had a brand new paint job by 2 people.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There's more products? I'm a bit out in the sticks and our advance auto doesn't always have a lot of stuff in stock. I'll check it out online.

I was just out in the garage staring at the car. How does it hold up over time?

John

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
very well actually. I love the stuff and use it before shows

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use the Turtle ICE detail spray and it is amazing!! It gives it a nice smooth glossy look to it. I also highly recommend the Turtle ICE Interior liquid. You can use it on anything and it works perfect! It doesn't leave everything all greasy and shiny, just plain perfectness! Good stuff over all!

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use the Turtle ICE detail spray and it is amazing!! It gives it a nice smooth glossy look to it. I also highly recommend the Turtle ICE Interior liquid. You can use it on anything and it works perfect! It doesn't leave everything all greasy and shiny, just plain perfectness! Good stuff over all!

I looked all over town for the interior stuff and didn't find it, but will check the stores near work and on the way home tomorrow. I've never used anything so far that I really liked

I'm not as enamored with the ICE quick detail spray--I tried that before. My son swears by it although he's outside now using the liquid polish on his '84 SVO--man is it looking nICE (had to do that). I have the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer that has been working well lately and keep that in the car when I'm running to a local cruise in, but I'll be using the liquid polish after every car wash from now on. Goes on quick and comes off fast and the car looks great.

John

jcsuli74

Reaction score
i have used the car wash shampoo, polish,clay bar and spray detailer. i used to use meguiars but have found i like the ICE stuff much better. my car looks awesome after i use it. the car wash is pretty good also.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll take pictures of the '05 later in the day when the sun is better positioned, but I did my '97 a few days ago and my son's '84 this morning. Sorry, I'm not very skilled with a camera:

100_1253.jpg

100_1254.jpg

100_1256.jpg

John

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize you had an SVO! Looks really good too! And I know someone else who has a Cobra vert just like yours too...pretty cars in that driveway indeed!!

So, where's the ACTION shots???? LOL!

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize you had an SVO! Looks really good too! And I know someone else who has a Cobra vert just like yours too...pretty cars in that driveway indeed!!

So, where's the ACTION shots???? LOL!

Wow, you're all over the place today lady!

Action shots? Oh no, you shouldn't have started giving me ideas. You'll be sorry now! But it will make you laugh, and that will make my day. Let me think on some creative car washing "action shots". Car wash suds, my testosterone laden grotesquely over developed physique. Yes, I have a few ideas...

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was a huge meguiars fan until I tried the ICE products. I love them, I even use it on my Mirrors, plastic cowl under wind shield, grill and in the engine it cleans up nice and does not leave a white residue. Now all I use is ICE.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The blue Fox Body above came out spectactular after its first ICE coat--my pictures don't do it justice. I think I slapped it on everything except the chrome and windows/mirror glass! The green '97 has a pretty rough finish and came out looking OK. And as usual, the red '05 just plain looks liquid.

I'm hooked. They have the ICE interior product too, that really woke up the '97s surfaces. Haven't yet tried it on the '05.

John

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
and its not greasy

rosco

Curves, got to love em!
Reaction score
I love the ICE for the daily drivers but for a real liquid look nothing beats the Zaino products.
If your finish is rough a good job with the clay bar and then wax does wonders. Assamed to admit it but I clay bared the minivan and it looks much better now.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love the ICE for the daily drivers but for a real liquid look nothing beats the Zaino products.
If your finish is rough a good job with the clay bar and then wax does wonders. Assamed to admit it but I clay bared the minivan and it looks much better now.

Man, those Zaino products are outstanding but OH MAN the work involved--that's why 30 minutes with ICE has me hooked so hard! But you've got a point regarding a claybar cleanup--the 97 needs one bad and maybe that's what is needed to bring out the finish again. Crap, there goes my Sunday...

John

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back