Twin Turbo Setups

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who's the tuner in Houston that sells and installs the twin turbo setup for the Mustang GT?

Any opinions on a single vs a twin turbo setup?

I'm planning on doing this sometime in the 1st half of '08.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright Marc, you're killing me here. Just two months ago you pulled the DS and even the CAI because you didn't want to keep messing with the car and wanted it mainly stock. Now twin turbo's? :samuri:

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Twins are probably better seat of the pants on the street. The general consensus seems to be singles are meant for big power track cars.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright Marc, you're killing me here. Just two months ago you pulled the DS and even the CAI because you didn't want to keep messing with the car and wanted it mainly stock. Now twin turbo's? :samuri:

Yes, I go back and forth....the DS was a matter of vibes, or rather the additional NVH from the rear axle transmitted by the CHE UCA and Panhard bar and highlighted by the DS' hollow aluminum tube construction....I think it's worth it to reiterate that it wasn't the Spyder per-se that caused the vibes.
As far as the CAI, I was scared shitless one day that I got bad gas (from Shell, cause that the only stuff I've put in) and the car pinged like crazy, even with a Bama 87 tune. I was also not impressed with the fit of the CAI shroud to the inlet tube...it should be snug and air-tight IMO.

That's when I basicaly went back to stock. But as I learn more about the car and the mods, I realize I need to do more research before I buy a mod, and thgat there are mods I can do that will enhance the driving experience with minimal or at least acceptable tradeoffs.

Twins are probably better seat of the pants on the street. The general consensus seems to be singles are meant for big power track cars.

That's the impression I get from a spooling-up perspective. I was hoping someone with a twin setup could shed some light on full-boost rpm's vs single large turbo full B rpms. I'm not a track guy, my car is driven exclusively as a DD on the street.

06GT_Vert

Still Stock
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir! How's the vert doing? Get that rear bar installed yet?

Vert is fine.....With my new rear set up, I wont be able to use the bar, but my new (well new to me) coupe may be able to use it...Thanks for asking.....

Nick over at Fastlane does a killer Turbo set-up...If you come over this way, give me a call...

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how is his spark plug conversion working? how many people have gotten this mod done so far?

Vert is fine.....With my new rear set up, I wont be able to use the bar, but my new (well new to me) coupe may be able to use it...Thanks for asking.....

Nick over at Fastlane does a killer Turbo set-up...If you come over this way, give me a call...

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Manny at HPP Racing is great with turbos!!

Gawd...it feels weird posting around here again...as if I'm new or something!

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Marc, give me a call if you want to go there... i'll be there today
832 567 4543

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Manny at HPP Racing is great with turbos!!

Gawd...it feels weird posting around here again...as if I'm new or something!

Where have you been? Dyno Joe even started a Man Love thread about you in the Pitstop because he missed you.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
There will be another twin kit on the market in the next month or two. Will let everyone know when it is available.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just read a back-issue of Mustangs and Fast Fords, and it had an awesome write-up on an '03 Termy with a killer 800 rwhp (race gas) twin-turbo setup. ~650 rwhp on pump gas. Guess who did the setup?

Manny at HPP in Lewisville, TX!! I guess Hawg wasn't bullshitting when he said they know their shit!

matt texass

Reaction score
marc we just had a hellion single kit make something like 520 ish on 9 pounds on the dyno (just came into be dyno'd). Stay away from strictly marc (those guys are bad news). Fastlane gets my vote.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back