UDP Install

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
Hello!

I wanted to let you know that the link in your post no longer works.

I recently picked up an 06 GT and I am going through all of the awesome articles you all have, and felt you might want to know.

A big thank you to all of you who have written or provided all of this information!

Thanks!

Will

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I wanted to let you know that the link in your post no longer works.

I recently picked up an 06 GT and I am going through all of the awesome articles you all have, and felt you might want to know.

A big thank you to all of you who have written or provided all of this information!

Thanks!

Will

Fixed...thanks for the heads up. Easy install, but if you're going FI in the future, save your money as you will need to go back to the stock pulleys.

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
No problem at all!

Other than paint (Custom Ghost Flames) mine is stock. I have to get into a house in about 6 months, after that, FI and supporting mods it is!

Rampage

Reaction score
Fixed...thanks for the heads up. Easy install, but if you're going FI in the future, save your money as you will need to go back to the stock pulleys.

you mean if your going s/c you will need to go back to stock right? udps shouldnt effect a turbo i don't think

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
thats a nice right up and nice to see the radiator cover doesnt need to come off. but i still think UDPs are a real pain in the ass to install, especially on automatic cars. when i put the UDPs on my 04 it was the biggest PITA

Hooty

Awesomely X-Piped
Reaction score
you mean if your going s/c you will need to go back to stock right? udps shouldnt effect a turbo i don't think

Centris and turbos can still use UDPs. Twinscrews can also, but you would lose some boost.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Centris and turbos can still use UDPs. Twinscrews can also, but you would lose some boost.

You could use an aftermarket pulley on a paxton or vortech (would lose boost though), but the procharger requires the stock pulley... unless you had one custom made.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was watching a video online about the install of this and they did not use a pulley puller; do you need one for the crank or will removing the crank bolt allow the crank pulley to come off? If I need a pulley puller which one-is it the jaw type or the one that 3 bolts screw into?

Stolen 98

forum member
Reaction score
$100 refundable deposit from Advanced Auto/AutoZone...not that big a deal.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The guy that is doing my gear install will do them for $50, that is worth it to me.

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
thats a nice right up and nice to see the radiator cover doesnt need to come off. but i still think UDPs are a real pain in the ass to install, especially on automatic cars. when i put the UDPs on my 04 it was the biggest PITA

I did remove the fan shroud, but not the radiator cover. I installd Steeda UDPs on my 05 Automatic a couple of months ago. It only took a couple of hours worknig in my driveway without any help. I didn't think it was a PITA at all, I think it is an easy cheap way to gain a couple of HP.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back