Ugh Whats Wrong With My Gas Tank

StangPrincess05

Reaction score
When I Put Gas It Spits Out And I Have To Keep Messing With It To Let The Gas Flow In It But It Usually Stops And This Is So Annoying Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong With It Please??:wtf1:

big-j

Reaction score
i allways found that if ya turn the nozzle so the handle is facing up insted of the ground it works better

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Another thread on this....

It is a known problem there is tsb out for it since 2006-07.

There are also many threads on this forum on it.

If all else fails, type this into google

"05 mustang wont fill up"

big-j

Reaction score
search the forum there a thread on how to fix it were ya blow sum filter out or sumthin i did that to it worked 95% of the time after that every now and then it would spill out but not alot

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
search the forum there a thread on how to fix it were ya blow sum filter out or sumthin i did that to it worked 95% of the time after that every now and then it would spill out but not alot

oh really that sounds like a good idea because it sounds like you fixed your problem except that you should really try using punctuation in order to avoid run on sentences because they are hard to read and stuff

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
oh really that sounds like a good idea because it sounds like you fixed your problem except that you should really try using punctuation in order to avoid run on sentences because they are hard to read and stuff

:roflmao:

CandyRedGT

forum member
Reaction score
Use periods/puncuation..lol

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
128847431023952303.jpg

MyStang

forum member
Reaction score
Had the same problem on my '05.There is a TSB on it and the dealership replaced the gas tank.Fixed? Not really...still gave me fits once in a while.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
When I Put Gas It Spits Out And I Have To Keep Messing With It To Let The Gas Flow In It But It Usually Stops And This Is So Annoying Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong With It Please??:wtf1:

Another thread on this....

It is a known problem there is tsb out for it since 2006-07.

As Lightblade already mentioned there are several TSBs out on this issue. The original TSB 05-4-8 was replaced by TSB 05-15-12. If your vehicle has never had TSB 05-15-12 performed this will most likely resolve your concerns. However some have still had slow fill up/nozzle shut off issues even after TSB 05-15-12 was performed. Finally TSB 07-21-12 was released which basically stated on 2005 Mustang vehicles built on or after 4/26/2005 and 2006-2007 model year vehicles were built with the revised design fuel tank. As a result, replacing the fuel tank on these vehicles will not change the occurrence of automatic fuel fill shut off.

Unfortunately your vehicle is surely out of warranty by now and if this TSB has not previously been performed, you now have the special privilege of paying for the repair.

Attachments

• tsb05-15-12.pdf
    6.4 KB · Views: 11

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back