Unhappy with my new Roushcharger performance...help !!

jojobee

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got back my 2012GT with a new Roushcharger installed by my local Ford dealer. I am (was) planning to use the Roush tune for the remaining 2 years warranty.

Prior to the Roush TVS i had a Steeda cold air and a 91 tune, 3.73, 6 mt.

My initial impression of the blower addition is that its less powerfull than my prior setup with the Steeda cai.:wtf:

The kick in the pant feeling isnt there anymore, the car is slow to respond when i give it some gas and it feels like it has less torque now with the blower which doesnt make any sense to me.

From what i could see during the brief period i could test my car this morning it seems that it takes a lot of throttle to get the boost to build.

Even at 4000rpm if i push it hard it is not snappy as before.

Also i do have an xpipe with hf cats and it seems that there is a loud whistling noise coming from that area under full throttle....

Should i be hearing that whistle with a Roushcharger and an x-pipe ?
I'm not talking of the usual blower whine.

For the ones that have the same blower can you please chime in and share your experience...!

Is there something wrong with the setup...?

Later i'll be getting a 82mm pulley and VMP tune but for now i need to feel that all this money spent on the Roush was worth it...:crazy:

b00stedgt

Reaction score
A good dyno tune should solve your problem. At the very least, getting on the dyno will tell you if something is wrong

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
After seeing the other doods situation with the plugged cats and roush s/c I would be leery. Have you checked your cats recently to make sure your prior tune or this one isn't overfueling and possibly plugging them? The blower tune will run fat but hopefully not enough to cause a problem.

Get an offroad-x and a VMP tune and you will be more than impressed.

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
A tune is a night and day difference with the Roush. Its nearly 60-80rwhp with the tune alone. Give us a call if you are interested!

Chandler

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
I have one with a ORX, VMP 82mm pulley and a Brenspeed tune and it WILD !!!!!!! FUN !!!!!!!

My only beef with brenspeed is that they need to hurry up with the JLT intake tune, hear me chandler :) JK......

Go with brenspeed their tunes have been great to me.

Last edited:

jojobee

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input.

I still dont get why the car feels that it has less power when in fact it has about 100rwhp more than before.

I know the tune is very safe but can it be that bad...

I had read that the roush tune was very good for a dd, i didnt know i would loose my smile over it.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I think everyone is overlooking the fact that the OP is feeling that he has less power than before the blower, definitely not a good sign. OP are you getting any codes? does the car drive smoothly otherwise? have done any datalogging? if not maybe you should

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Is she running alright other then the loss of power? If not, the whistling could be a vac leak.. that would cause all sorts of issues.

Four.O

forum member
Reaction score
I think everyone is overlooking the fact that the OP is feeling that he has less power than before the blower, definitely not a good sign. OP are you getting any codes? does the car drive smoothly otherwise? have done any datalogging? if not maybe you should

+1. If the car is supposed to put down more power supercharged, it shouldn't feel like a slug compared to an N/A car, even if the tune is very conservative. Datalogging would help

jojobee

Reaction score
Obviously i didnt do any datalogging since i got the car back today from the dealer.
I'm not sure that it even can be done with the roush tune. ?

The car is running well, it just feels underpowered now and i dont think i'm being paranoiac i have a good butt meter :)

Not that its slow but the fun factor is less now.

So far i feel like i spent a lot of money for nothing..

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bas0h2

jojobee

Reaction score
Also my boost gauge is acting funny from my point of view.

Do you need to be at full throttle to get some boost ?
In the city i always see the gauge in the vacuum side even when accelerating.

Mine goes up to around 8 when going full throttle but its moving so much that an accurate reading is almost impossibe.....is this normal ?

Tks again

Joc

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ig1xoi

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
do you have an sct tuner? you can still datalog with the roush tune. you can datalog a stock car as well.

datalog a bunch of parameters and make sure everything is looking good.

Kbaboomi

Reaction score
Call me an idiot but is this a tvs system? As of right now I'd including everyone else would recomended getting it to a dyno ASAP! I know roush tunes run rich, but shouldnt be like you lost power.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Something is definitely wrong. With a TVS blower, even with the extremely conservative Roush tune, you should be roasting 1st-3rd easily.

Sounds to me like perhaps the dealership forgot to add the new tune to the car? If I were you, I'd stop driving it until you have the SCT hooked up to a laptop and can monitor misfires/knock and AFR/Timing in real time.

jojobee

Reaction score
Yes thats what i tought too, i was expecting to roast the tires from 1st to 3rd...

I do have a sct device i use for my steeda tune but have no idea how to datalog sine i've never done it...any recipe to datalog sucessfully ?

About the dealer forgeting the tune i do not think this is i as the pcm was sent to Roush directly

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?f2ebgz

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back