Unusual rear brake wear

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't think it was necessary to turn off TC as a separate step. My understanding is that holding the brake and pressing the button for 5 seconds turns off both AdvanceTrac and TC.

Correct. No need to do it in two steps.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I'm sure it is a simple wire trip to do that, or exchange of the TCS/ABS system. I know BAMA offered it on their tunes with the "Race" setup only.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I didn't think it was necessary to turn off TC as a separate step. My understanding is that holding the brake and pressing the button for 5 seconds turns off both AdvanceTrac and TC.

Certainly, I've never felt the system engage at all on the track, even when spinning the car :crazy:, with the system turned off via the 5 second button press...

I initially kept forgetting to turn off the TC/AdvanceTrac, so I put an instructive label on the center of the steering wheel as a reminder...

Correct. No need to do it in two steps.
Good to know, that will make things a little easier.

When I started turning stuff off, I tried one autocross run with TC off and AdvanceTrac on. I was getting a nice drift going through a small sweeper, and the damn thing grabbed a rear brake hard enough to yank the car straight and give me a good head wobble. That and a :wtf: Then I was "oh HELL no, this shit is getting turned off from now on!" I did leave it all on for the open track day, but that was with the thought of self-preservation and helping confidence for the first day. Next one (hopefully next month) I'll have it all off.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back