Upgrade your ebrake and shift boot in the 2010+ with leather or alcantara

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
we have had many people ask will you have anything for the 10+ cars? well i`m glad to say amustangrocksleather has come out with a nice upgraded boot for the 2010+ e brakes, made from a choice of leathers and alcantara with a top stitched seam, with colored stitching available. we have our first test eb boot installed in a car up in michigan that we made from the glove soft leather. the comment was:

"That brake boot looks fabulous, perfect. It looks 100 times better than the vinyl stock boot"

its a pretty easy diy install on your oem trim ring and sure looks better than that bla vinyl cover they come with. the part is up for sale on the website, and some install pics and tips. this boot would really rock with the silverhorse machined grip/handles.
http://silverhorseracing.com/cart.ph...ategory_id=276

the shift boot is still in the works and will be able to be a matching part to the e brake boot with matching stitching. hoping to have a prototype done this week also. the install will entail removing the vinyl boot from the trim ring and the plastic cup on the top, but a fairly easy diy job. i`ll have pics and tips for that too.

also we are expecting the charcoal alcantara to be here this coming tuesday (we have black and charcoal in stock now) so things are getting ready to roll.

i`m also thinking about having the option for people to ship me the oem boots and doing the diy part here (for those that want the upgrade but just arent into the diy part), for a small fee, but making it a easy plug and play swap. any comments or ideas are welcome. thanks, mike and marcy

Attachments

• DSCF1944.JPG
    DSCF1944.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2298 (640x544).jpg
    IMG_2298 (640x544).jpg
    174 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
thanks...next week that pic i posted will get replaced with a pic showing a matching red stitch shift boot. its a unique shifter. he tried using a standard 05 shelby boot. the top of the standard 05-09 boot fits it, but the bottom of that 05-09 boot left it stretched tight in 1st and 3rd so the new boot bottom will fit with the trim ring for the 10+ and should give him that little extra length needed.

Last edited:

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Subscribed. I hate my shitty base stuff.
cool. right now we are working up this custom shift boot, but then we will work up the factory boot that needs the plastic cup in the top, which will have to be glued in by the customer, but it will be easy to do along with gluing it onto the trim ring.

the factory vinyl brake boot, kinda disappointing.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
You guys should also do replacement/overlay door panels to match boots. I was gonna try to do it myself but I'm terrible with fabrics. I have a base model and mine has this garbage vinyl/pleather junk on the door panels. I'd like some alcantara to match the boss steering wheel. Maybe all with blue stitching.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
You guys should also do replacement/overlay door panels to match boots. I was gonna try to do it myself but I'm terrible with fabrics. I have a base model and mine has this garbage vinyl/pleather junk on the door panels. I'd like some alcantara to match the boss steering wheel. Maybe all with blue stitching.
we`ll have to look into the door panels. it might be possible, but thats also alot of money and the install would be make or break it.

in the meanwhile, the leather e brake boots are huge over the vinyl boots. after so much upgrading, they really fell short on those boots. this guys shifter is way different, had to make a custom boot, 2010 bottom, 05-9 top but it worked out for him.

Attachments

• IMG_2320 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_2320 (480x640).jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

cody2639

forum member
Reaction score
I would be interested in the ebrake boot if yall did the door panel replacements in alcantara as well

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Wish you guys made something for New Edges, they look like quality pieces!
we`ll be working on that. hey whats up with the band-aid? ouch

maybe someone with a new car and a hurst could post a pic? we can do some custom stuff to make the shift boots fit different setups as they come to be with these new cars.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You may have to visit the local Ford dealer and lead the salesman to believe you're interested in trading up. Then bring the car home on the 'test drive' and copy the shift boot real quick. :idea:

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
You may have to visit the local Ford dealer and lead the salesman to believe you're interested in trading up. Then bring the car home on the 'test drive' and copy the shift boot real quick. :idea:
thats pretty sneaky...i could tell them the console just blew loose and right out the window?

we already have shift boots for the oem shifters, and a custom boot for whatever kind of shifter alex has in that pic up above in the thread. i think thats just a different shaft bolted to the stock shifter assembly. if the hurst looks like the 05-09, i`m guessing it uses a boot adapter to fit the oem boot. the 2010+ shift boots have a plastic cup in the tops unlike the orings in the 05-09 boots

Attachments

• DSCF1953.JPG
    DSCF1953.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back