Upgrading to premium seats

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Kept this out of tech because I'm sure this has been talked about, and odds are I wasn't searching the correct words or something. Searched google and misc Mustang forums but really didn't get an exact answer or DIY.

Anybody here swap out base cloth manual seats for premium leather seats on a 10-12 model? The physical changing of the seats is a no brainer, my concern is the power driver seat and how to get that to work?

Any links to a DIY thread would be great. I got a line on some leather seats locally but need to know how to get the driver power seat to work in my car that came with manual seats.

Thanks

-Chris (Renesis)

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
First thing is to look and see if your car has the harness for it to plug in. I believe Ford just uses the same wiring harness in all the Mustangs each year rather than having multiple harnesses depending on option levels. If so it should be just a matter of plugging them in. There should be two plugs, one for air bags and one for the power seat. I know a couple guys have had issues with the air bag light plugging in seats from different model years, but they usually work.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back