VCT Actuator Solenoids - Left vs. Right

Adomis63

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently went to my local ford dealer to pick up a new VCT solenoid to replace the passenger side one. I had already replaced the driver's side solenoid.

The parts guy pulled up on his fancy computer what part I would need and if he had it when he asks what side I needed - kinda weird I thought they were the same - but after I told him I needed the right side one he says they only sell that one in an assembly with the housing - and its $220.

Is this right? The diagram shows them as the same part number. Can't I just pluck it out and put another actuator in without the housing?

Thanks in advance for the enlightenment.

upload_2023-2-15_21-25-10.png

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score

whitmanink

Reaction score
thats crazy lol... my coworker went to a garage for front struts and and alignment and sway bar links,,,said it would be $2800,,, seems the world is full of money hungry crooks,,

SOzzy

Reaction score
I just replaced the passenger side VCT in my 07 after doing the driver side last month. Exactly the same part.

Adomis63

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, looks like I'll just pick up another one like I got last time. I usually steer OEM on this kinda stuff - you never really know how the aftermarket guys were able to make it so cheap and sometimes I'd rather not find out.

DieHarder

Reaction score
thats crazy lol... my coworker went to a garage for front struts and and alignment and sway bar links,,,said it would be $2800,,, seems the world is full of money hungry crooks,,

That's beyond ridiculous...This is why it pays to have a decent set of tools and do the simple things yourself. Spend your money on quality parts; not labor!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back