Vent Gauge Pods. ANGLED!

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
DSC_1145.jpg

Played with some spare parts today and came up with this. Still only tacked together so I can check alignment and blacken the chrome ring. I'm going to run the twin Aeroforcetech gauges through the two center vents and remove the vent flaps from the outers.

DSC_1146.jpg

DSC_1147.jpg

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good!

Just picked me up some vent pods and buying the aeroforce gauges to go in them. Let me know how you like them and what all they read from the computer?

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Alright I'll say it!! HOW THE FUCK IS THIS DIY??? Chit, Chat at best!! LOL!!

Come on man share with us what and how you are doing it, I'll be installing an Aeroforce and vent pod soon and would like to have it shielded and angled like yours.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright I'll say it!! HOW THE FUCK IS THIS DIY???

Alright I'll say it!! Because I fucking DID IT MYSELF, Jackass. It's still in progress and as of now it's still not past the mock-up stage. If you need color-by-number instructions, maybe you should wait for Tacobill's write-up.

To the others with AFT gauges - I've had them for years and for optimum viewing you will want them pointed directly at you. That's why I was trying to think of an alternative to the Roush vent pods or drilling into the center dash plate and using offset rings. The gauge hoods and the AutoMeter offset rings are a good friction fit in the vent bezzle sleeve. I'm going with the hoods because the AFT screens DO NOT LIKE direct sunlight.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting point about the gauges not liking sunlight. I too have one coming. Might need to mount that in the SOS pillar and move the boost to the roush pod.
Looking forward to your final pics.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
No thanks I'm pretty smart I think I can manage, thanks though. I guess you missed the sense of humor and sarcasm behind my post.

BTW it is DO-IT-YOURSELF as in help, not DID-IT-YOURSELF as in "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO, YEAH! YEAH! SPECIAL ED DID IT ALL BY HIMSELF, YEAH!!!"

Jackass!!

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
I dig the angle to the driver a lot, can that be done with out the visors? Or maybe shave the visors down just to use the ring to angle the gauge?

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
The coolest part of this post is the fact that the gauge pod is sitting on an M1A flash suppressor in the second and third pictures.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back