VIR Grand and Full Course w/ TrackDaze and Mazda Drivers

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Traveled to the Virginia International Raceway (VIR) last weekend for 4 consecutive days of road course FUN - one day on the Grand circuit and three days on the Full circuit. The weather was perfect and the run groups were average size. Passing anywhere on the track with a 'point by'.

I ran the advanced/solo group (Black/Red) posting a 2:20 on the full course and a 3:15 on the grand. Very happy with the performance of this N/A GT! The handling, braking and cooling was exceptional. Going back to VIR in October! I still need to download my video from those events.

47900_1547576522292_1021434504_1574139_1133563_n.jpg

58673_1547580442390_1021434504_1574172_212979_n.jpg

59563_1547582962453_1021434504_1574191_5183953_n.jpg

n1021434504_206395_9314.jpg

Vogtland 1.2" Sport Springs
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates
Cervini Type III Chin Spoiler Textured Black
Bassani Stainless Steel 2.5" Race Exhaust
Steeda and Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars
C&L Street / Racer CAI with SCT X3 Tuner
Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable Front /Rear Struts & Shocks
18X9.5 GT500 Wheels
275/35-18 Hoosier [Koni] Racing Slicks
Steeda X5 Ball Joint & Bumpsteer Kit
Ford Racing Gears - 3.73 Installed
Spydershaft 4.0” Aluminum Driveshaft
Steeda Under drive Pulley Set
Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
Steeda Lightweight Radiator Support
CHE A-arm brace w/ torque limiters
Moroso Steel Oil Pan
BMR Lower Control Arms with poly bushings
Steeda Adjustable Upper Comp/Street Kit w/ HD Mount
Agent 47 High Flow Lower Grill (1 piece)
Agent 47 Cooling Kit (1 piece)
MGW Shifter 3650 and Roush Billet Shift Knob w/ Grips
Carbotech Brake Pads XP12 – Front XP10 - Rear
Fays2 F2S Watts Link
Moroso Radiator Expansion tank
S.O.S. Triple Pillar Pod
3 Auto Meter Gauges
Raptor Shift Light (Black with Red LED)
FRPP “Hot Rod” NSR Cam Set
Ford Racing Rear Differential Cover
American Racing 1 5/8" LT Headers with Catted X-pipe
Eaton 8.8" 31 Spline LSD
Griggs Racing Power Steering Cooler
Ford Racing 8.8" Ring & Pinion Installation Kit
Wilwood Superlite Front BBK with Wilwood Brake Flexline Kits
APR GTC-200 Adjustable Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

Last edited:

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Was this your first time to VIR? I need to get out there sometime...

Also--how much lap time did the FRPP header bolts shave off? :)

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I REALLY wanted to go to this but i had planned vacation with the GF..... ohh welllllll

guess what honey ! I have GREAT news. Remember all those 'Virginia is for lovers' commercials ? Well I DO love you that much, and I'm taking you to Virginia for vacation. Am I a great boyfriend or what ?

DUH,,,,,,, hahahahaha

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
When C&D tested the 2010GT at VIR they got a 3:13, so you are nearly on their pace. That's pretty good considering you had other cars on the track and they likely have a professional driving.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Was this your first time to VIR? I need to get out there sometime...

Also--how much lap time did the FRPP header bolts shave off? :)

1st time running the Mustang, but 5th year running my Corvette C5. The FRPP header bolts were good for 8 rwhp, so I would say they saved me 5 seconds per lap! LOL

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
When C&D tested the 2010GT at VIR they got a 3:13, so you are nearly on their pace. That's pretty good considering you had other cars on the track and they likely have a professional driving.

Thanks. I was short shifting in 4th gear at 5800 RPMs and rarely used 5th gear except on the back straight. I think I can squeeze another 2 seconds off my lap time. That's my next goal when I go back in October. I was also running out of gear with the 3.73s, so I'm pulling those out and installing 3.55 gears.

Last edited:

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
I was there as well, need to upload my pics soon.
I saw your car and it looked like it was getting it pretty good around the track.

I was in the Blue group in the 2011 GT 5.0. What a blast and in case you didn't know SVTownersclub.com is doing 2 full course days OCT. 16-17th, you should sign up.

Jay

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
I was there as well, need to upload my pics soon.
I saw your car and it looked like it was getting it pretty good around the track.

I was in the Blue group in the 2011 GT 5.0. What a blast and in case you didn't know SVTownersclub.com is doing 2 full course days OCT. 16-17th, you should sign up.

Jay

Hi Jay, I signed up for the SCMC HPDE event on the 16th and 17th at VIR, and saw your name listed on the attendee roster. See you there. Mike

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
1st time running the Mustang, but 5th year running my Corvette C5. The FRPP header bolts were good for 8 rwhp, so I would say they saved me 5 seconds per lap! LOL

SHHH don't tell anyone about your Chevy is that a T1 spec car?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Man, that first picture look sweet. I would make that a poster and frame it if that was my car...

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Here's my video from the VIR Grand Course - 1st time taking the Mustang GT on the road course and it exceeded my expectations! You will see a red Dodge Viper pass me - lets see if we can keep him "close" for two laps. I'm short shifting at 5800 RPMs in 4th gear, (when the red shift light comes on...) but its still good.

http://vimeo.com/14755898

Last edited:

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks good and does well at the track, I'm supposed*** to be doing an event at Road Atlanta in Nov, my only event this year, and first one in a few years. I guess I need to hop on Forza and learn the track :) I"ll have no issue hopping in the novice group and running around that track, it'd sure be fun. Just hoping I can address the braking on my car, its really the last piece of the puzzle for me...I should of ran this car around a track stock, but I didnt, now its damn near where I want it lol

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Car looks good and does well at the track, I'm supposed*** to be doing an event at Road Atlanta in Nov, my only event this year, and first one in a few years. I guess I need to hop on Forza and learn the track :) I"ll have no issue hopping in the novice group and running around that track, it'd sure be fun. Just hoping I can address the braking on my car, its really the last piece of the puzzle for me...I should of ran this car around a track stock, but I didnt, now its damn near where I want it lol

Goodridge or Steeda SS brake lines, ATE Super Gold fluid, Hawk DTC-70 pads in the front, DTC 60 pads in the rear and you're good to go till you upgrade the front calipers and install the Agent 47 front brake cooling lower grille/ducts. :beerchug2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back