Vorshlag brake cooling duct kit, including front grill adapters

tim

Reaction score
DIY installed Vorshlag's brack cooling duct kit, including the front grill adapters.

The installation was straightforward. Vorshlag (Terry's) video on the front grill adapters was very useful. I had that playing and paused on my tablet while working on the lower grill.

The lower grill comes out after removing about 15 5mm bolts on the underside of the car. Then sticking you fingers through the front of the lower grill, pulling it out to "pop" all the bottom fasterners out, then using a screwdriver, if needed to release the top fasteners.

Dremeled out the honeycomb pattern recommended in Terry's video. Hot pieces of plastic flew everywhere, but were easy to clean up..

Drilled 3 holes in the lower fascia using the vorshlag adaptors as a guide. I then installed the adapters, but that is a mistake - it's better to fit the hose on the adapters first, as they require a twisting back and forth motion to get the hose on the adaptor - it's alot easier if the adaptor is not already mounted to the car.

Screw in the adaptors, zip tie the ducting. On the track pack car, there's some tubing coming out of the radiator that gets in the way of the passenger side route, but just routed it as best i could.

The brake backing plates were pretty easy, just remove the brembos and rotors, unbolt 3 bolts for the factory backing plates. Wriggle the ducting hose onto the backing plate (again - it's easier to put the hose on before mounting the plates.)

Reassemble the rotors and brembos. Reassemble the front grill.

The only issue i had, is that 3 feet (per side) of ducting sold by vorshlag isn't enough. The ducting was rubbing badly against the wheels on turns (not even close to full lock). I couldn't put zip ties where vorshlags pictures showed to put it - there wasn't enough play in the ducting.

3 feet 4 inches allows the hose to be zip tied completely out of the way of full lock turns in either direction. I bought some extra ducting, cut 4 inch lengths, screwed it onto the 3 foot ducting and feel like the setup will be great for the track.

I'll update the thread after actually taking it to the track with the ducting in place.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back