Vortech 2005-06 Kit, new in the box

pbr96

speed junkie
Reaction score
Ebay auction for a new in the box vortech kit, 2005-06 4.6 Mustang.

Sold, thanks guys.

Paul, Tiger Racing

Last edited:

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Is this intercooled?? what would I need for it to be intercooled and to make it fit on a 07??? I am definately interested......It is polished right??? I don't need the tuner so would that lower the price??

MELLOWYELLOW06

forum member
Reaction score

4FU218-018SQ

2005-2006 Mustang GT 4.6L 3V V-2 SQ Si-Trim Standard System - Polished
Stock HP/TQ: 300/320
Vortech HP/TQ: 420/385
Boost (PSIG): 8.5-9.5
Includes High-flow fuel pump, High-capacity fuel injectors, High-flow MAF, and High-flow MAF
Carb E.O. D-213-24
Part Number: 4FU218-018SQ
Shipping Weight: 60.00 lbs.
Price: $4659.95

code is on the box in the ebay pic.

Looks like a great deal to me for a solid blower.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
You couldn't make a turkey sandwich in the short time it would take to install this (aside from the pump). In the world of keeping it simple, this is it.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Where's the "Buy it Now" for $3200???? LOL!!!!

3days of bidding left. GLWS!

Quick stupid question but can Long tube headers be used with the Vortech?

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
off course why wouldnt they good sir...

I thought so, I've just never had the desire to have the Vortech, but the more I see the power they put out and how good looking the system itself is, the more I consider it. I just wouldn't part with my longtubes though.

Thanks for the answer!:beer: Hopefully this will help someone else too. lol

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
Yep only power adder that doesn't not allow long tubes is a turbo set up

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can see where there is some confusion about this kit; the picture does not show the A2W or A2A but the add says it is intercooled via water.

This is also the V2 system so it is NOT a self contained kit meaning you have to tap the oil pan to get the oil.

After doing my install it is a day install, not as easy as making a turkey sandwhich but definitely within the realm of a average mechanic.

pbr96

speed junkie
Reaction score
I can see where there is some confusion about this kit; the picture does not show the A2W or A2A but the add says it is intercooled via water.

This is also the V2 system so it is NOT a self contained kit meaning you have to tap the oil pan to get the oil.

After doing my install it is a day install, not as easy as making a turkey sandwhich but definitely within the realm of a average mechanic.

Sorry about the confusion, I just pulled the text and pic from Vortechs website becuase we did not want to open the package to keep it sealed for the new owner. Vortech talks about the intercooler in the high output kit which this is not. Thanks for pointing it out, will fix the issue.

Gtstang167

KarateDaD
Reaction score
I have a Vortech Intercooled unit with Kook Longtubes with no problems. I do recommend getting the intercooler asap though......... More horsepower and runs WAY cooler.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
To make an 05 kit fit an 07+ all you need are a 90 degree stainless steel bend and a t-stat adapter for non I/c with the aftercooler you need an additional adapter for.the resoiver bracket, not sure what you need with the intercooler. It wasn't expensive and if you buy it I can find the part numbers.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Ok....so I would need to get an intercooler....Does any one know where I can pick a kit up for a good price??? What kind of number can I expect with the mods that I have with this kit being intercooled??? I will be running 10lbs of boost......I have Hot Rods....LTs, UDPs, 62mmTB, O/R X pipe, ALuminum DS, Delete Plates......Where can I get the brackets and stuff I need to make this kit work??? and what about the bracket for the reservoir tank for the intercooler??? Sorry for all of the questions but I am seriously interested in this kit just need to figure out what all I need??

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Ok....so I would need to get an intercooler....Does any one know where I can pick a kit up for a good price??? What kind of number can I expect with the mods that I have with this kit being intercooled??? I will be running 10lbs of boost......I have Hot Rods....LTs, UDPs, 62mmTB, O/R X pipe, ALuminum DS, Delete Plates......Where can I get the brackets and stuff I need to make this kit work??? and what about the bracket for the reservoir tank for the intercooler??? Sorry for all of the questions but I am seriously interested in this kit just need to figure out what all I need??

PM Lightblade, Greg Hazlett, 19COBRA93, just to name a few. They could help you I'm sure. :beer:

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
if this is a cooled kit, then I would pull the ebay ad and redo it. The pic is none cooled and if I didnt read Greg's post I assumed it was non-cooled.... just saying, this is a really good price for brand new cooled system...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back