Vortech 2011 - Breaking down/stuttering - Won't accelerate

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
LOL! Not that there is anything wrong with the hairspray "mod," I think the root cause was that there is no "lip" on the 90 degree bend leading into the TB inlet tube. Oddly, there is a lip on the TB inlet tube 90 degree. Strange that one pipe would have this lip and the other would not.

Beefcake, not sure if yours would have two "lipped" pipes or just the one, as I believe yours was mocked up way back when this kit was in development, no?

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
I run mine up 7500rpm i have never had a pipe come close to popping out.. heck i have mine on a boss intake which requires a longer stretch... no problems that way either. i also have the stock clamps tightened over 15 times and in not new shape lol.. still holding strong.
.i would assemble at the TB first and wk ur way down to the cooler. heck i put a jack on my piping to push it as close to the Framing and all then tightened it up,,

where do you live?

wproctor411

forum member
Reaction score
The MAF may need unplugged and plugged back in to reset it, it may be dirty too.

i'll be honest, i think this could be an install issue.

The tubing is going to be the same tubing as my kit. And with over 700 rwhp and countless passes. Have never had one tube think about coming loose.

Beefcake....
I may roll with the Vortech one of these days - maybe this fall. When are you going to turn yours up to 1300HP? LOL! I've been reading and following your threads - I'm glad your doing some of these mods first so we can follow!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back