vortech install having issues

Torch Red GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with my car bogging down and constantly dying after my intercooled vortech v2 install. The car literally would just bog down and die as soon as you step on the gas and threw a P0102 code. The p0102 code is "Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input". I'm using a Brenspeed email tune and they said to use the stock MAF sensor. So I'm not really sure what the problem is, what do you guys think?

I should also mention I bought the kit used and it came a diablosport tuner with MAFia but im using my sct tuner with the brenspeed tune i ordered. Do you guys think the diablosport tuner would be worth a shot or will it not work since it was used on a different car beforehand?

Any input would be appreciated Thanks!

rdsx18

forum member
Reaction score
Do you extend the harness with that kit? If you do check your wiring. Also have brenspeed write a tune for the mafia and swap that in to rule out the maf too.

Sent from my Icon using Tapatalk

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
The Brendspeed tunes are usually spot on the for these kits. You called them for assistance and they told you to install the stock MAF. You can't hurt anything by swapping the MAF.

The Mafia isn't required if your less than 12psi boost.

Torch Red GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well right now I'm using the stock maf sensor without the mafia. Brenspeed can't tune for the mafia abd they said to use the stock maf sensor. I just have the diablospprt tuner and mafia that came with the stock vortech tune, but haven't tried using it. I'm just trying to figure out what the issue is with the stock and sensor and why the car is not running right with the brenspeed tune.

rdsx18

forum member
Reaction score
Did you check all the vacuum lines for leaks and proper routing? Not sure it would cause this but I suppose being a maf issue it could.

Sent from my Icon using Tapatalk

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It sounds like you have unmetered air entering. I'd go over all the intake tubes and check that they are connected and that the extra bypass hole is plugged. Have you checked the bypass and it's tubing? Did you do the install or did the shop? I ask because it can get pretty difficult to do troubleshooting based on what the shop said vs checking yourself.

Torch Red GT

forum member
Reaction score
It sounds like you have unmetered air entering. I'd go over all the intake tubes and check that they are connected and that the extra bypass hole is plugged. Have you checked the bypass and it's tubing? Did you do the install or did the shop? I ask because it can get pretty difficult to do troubleshooting based on what the shop said vs checking yourself.

Thanks for the reply. The car is at the shop and they did all the work. Should I just tell them what you said. They don't seem to take my advice very seriously since they're the mechanics

Torch Red GT

forum member
Reaction score

Also where is the extra bypass located?

Torch Red GT

forum member
Reaction score
Also the shop hasn't changed the spark plugs yet because they're scared of them breaking off but they were going to change them in a few days. Do you guys think that could cause these issues?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Also the shop hasn't changed the spark plugs yet because they're scared of them breaking off but they were going to change them in a few days. Do you guys think that could cause these issues?

No, the plugs aren't causing this. The Paxton/Vortech plastic tube after the supercharger has two holes in the bottom. One is used with a standard setup bypass and both are used for the HO version.

The shop isn't going to want to hear what you found out on the internet. Go visit the car and run your hand over all of the air intake connections. Make sure they are all connected. It's very easy for them to appear properly hooked up when they aren't. I'd especially look at the connection pre supercharger.

I'd also suggest that you download the install directions and read them. This way you will have an idea of what it's supposed to look like.

It could be a few things, I'm just guessing at one of the things that's happened to people in the past. You might also try swapping the maf with your spare.

Good luck

Paps

forum member
Reaction score
Got same problem when re installed my engine, like rdsx18 said, if they reallocated temp sensor, check for wiring issue. Check those 2 wires from the maf sensor that goes to the intake runner.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back