Vortech/Paxton 8 rib kit users

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a question that vortech can't seem to answer.
I recently got the 8 rib kit and it came with 3 small spacers that are supposed to go between the idlers and timing cover. When I put them on nothing aligns and the blower plate won't line up. Am I missing something?
Thanks, Paul
The main reason I got the kit was because of the tensioner plate that turns it into a manual tensioner.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Got ya, I know I have one spacer on the idler above the tensioner another is on a pulley in the top triangle shaped area, don't remember the last but can look when I get home if not answered by then. Ehh, the second one was just the spacer for the Alternator but that would of been with the non-cooled to.

In the pic I know the circled one above the tensioner has the spacer, the other 2 on the right is my guess since those idlers would be attached to the cover like the one above the tensioner, been a while since they have been removed.
F29xj0Q.jpg

Last edited:

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly like in the picture.
My problem is when I put the spacers behind those two pulleys that are circled together, the supercharger bracket gets pushed out more and sits uneven.
I tried to bold it down and it just wanted to bend the plate.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
It really sounds like you may have a couple of spacers mixed, not sure. I would first put only the big bracket on that mounts the cover plate through the pulley's like the 2 on the right side of pic. Then find the long spacers with bolts and fit them in the proper positions, IICR should be above by the power steering pump and another that goes to the Alternator bracket. I ended up putting different strips of colored tape on the spacers so I knew which ones went where.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back