Vortech supercharger install...*PIC HEAVY*

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome thread. Just what I wanted to see... the HP/TQ curves. Question though on the intercooler. Only the bottom 1/3 seems to get airflow from the pictures as the bumper covers parts of the remaining section in the middle, and the top 1/6 gets air from the grille (maybe). Is there anything else in terms of piping or ducts that directs more air around the "entire" intercooler or at least the middle-section while at-speed on the road? The pictures are great at showing the bumper coverage over the intercooler, which may be a concern (or not). Any heatsoak measurement being tested done while dyno'ing? What sorts of intake air temps are coming out during the dyno (which is static, worst case since the car isn't moving)? If you have those numbers, might be nice to post. Great post though.

I had my Vortech installed in late june of this year and drove daily through the whole summer (100 degree + days) my IAT's were always within 3-8 degrees of ambient air. This is in moderate city traffic as well. I switched to a saleen grille in early Sept and dont see any differnce . The intercooler on these kits are HUGE and handle cooling very nicely

milgt

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't at all concerned by the part thats covered up and heatsoak because of the massive size of the intercooler itself I knew it would be just fine lol

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Question, since y'all are installing these yourselves are you just foregoing the warranty from Vortech? I can do it all myself, but I would love to know if there is a way to keep the warranty while dodging the rape charge from an "authorized installer"

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Meh... i had Beefcake handle my install he has a great group of guys and as far as i know they are legal install shop for the vortech warranty. I never considered the warrenty as i went to a JLT intake and had Lund racing do a remote tune on it. Install price wasnt bad at all for me. I didnt have the time available with my work schedule to tackle it

milgt

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw an update in, once I fixed the fuse that was blown and my tuner made a few adjustments to the tune my car has been running like a scalded dog!! lol the little blip that was there at 6500rpms is completely gone.

bullitt6019

Boss Jockey
Reaction score
Dude,
great work. Thanks or sharing. And that fact that you installed it outside of a lighted garage kills me.....

milgt

Reaction score
Dude,
great work. Thanks or sharing. And that fact that you installed it outside of a lighted garage kills me.....

LOL, it actually wasn't that bad to do outside, just sucked not being able to get it up on a lift to get under it to do the piping.

squidzx6

forum member
Reaction score
Nice I just got a price from beefcake to do a Paxton SET up I pride myself I'm doing the work myself but I might have to eat this bullet an pay for installation

milgt

Reaction score
Nice I just got a price from beefcake to do a Paxton SET up I pride myself I'm doing the work myself but I might have to eat this bullet an pay for installation

That's cool, some people aren't comfortable doing an install like this themselves especially on such a new car.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
whats everyones install time been on these?? first time to install a paxton, done alot of other work myself. is 8 to 10 hrs realistic?

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I read through the instructions twice already, and looked at the car for each step. I've got a good grasp on the install now and it seems fairly easy. Im gonna guess 6 hrs

milgt

Reaction score
whats everyones install time been on these?? first time to install a paxton, done alot of other work myself. is 8 to 10 hrs realistic?

We took our time and worked very carefully on each step and it took us somewhere around 10 hours or so but could easily have been done faster. I don't like to rush through things my first time around.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Mine took my dad and I all weekend. Or about 18 beers. Of course we took our time and buddies came over from time to time to shoot the shit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back