W3bb3r04 build thread

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I guess i need to start looking for some pistons! If you know where to find the cheapest,shoot me a link!

Just an fyi, you can use 2v/4v pistons in our engines and depending on your cams you may not even have to cut an exhaust valve relief in them. Hopefully I won't and my new pistons will be Manley flat tops which should have my new build at approx 11:1 compression with my stroker crank.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Just an fyi, you can use 2v/4v pistons in our engines and depending on your cams you may not even have to cut an exhaust valve relief in them. Hopefully I won't and my new pistons will be Manley flat tops which should have my new build at approx 11:1 compression with my stroker crank.

That is not the info I have been given, especially with flat tops.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
You did lol I just haven't taken it. I have rod bearings coming so they can balance them. I will be taking it this week. I'm also taking the stuff to the powder coaters. I will get better about updating more often! I also sold some parts today so more will be on the way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Got the valve covers ready for powder coating. One is tapped with a 1/4 npt and the other is a 1/2 npt. Both will have a -8 AN coming from it to each side of the Allstar performance catch can. I'm taking the cold side, timing cover, valve covers, compressor side of the turbo and the manifolds to the powdercoater on Wednesday morning!
y5ebutag.jpg

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
That is not the info I have been given, especially with flat tops.

The figure that's usually quoted is anything less than .500" of lift will be ok. My current setup has flat tops with a .075" exhaust valve relief, pistons sit .008" in the hole, and exhaust lift is .550. That gives a total clearance of .467. I have no idea how much room is left.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Haha thanks John. You get the wire tuck done? Took her outside to wash the rubber off today!
vebupe5u.jpg

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
damn, wish it was that nice here. supposed to get to a high in the teens today. at least no snow

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Haha thanks John. You get the wire tuck done? Took her outside to wash the rubber off today!

Nope lol. She's all buttoned up for the winter, it's just too cold for me to build any motivation to be out there for hours at a time. Layout/extending has all been done, just have to get the ProCharger on to finish everything up.

Keep up the pace brother!

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I've got some car parts coming in for my freekin Jeep, spent over 750 in the past day. I would have loved to spend that on the car. FML and stuipd shitty head design.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Update, I'm going to pick up the powder coating tomorrow. Also I am picking up the pistons and selling them. They said it was too close for comfort so I'm going to get the Mahle 11:1. This is turning out to look like Fuels bottom end lol. The machine shop has punched it .020 over now. I'll upload some pics after I pick some stuff up tomorrow. Oh yeah and here's my new DD I picked up last Thursday.
tu3u3y6y.jpg

ynaqaqa6.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back