Watts Link Now Available

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Get the full spread here:
http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_watts_link_s197.php

Product Details
Replace your factory panhard bar with Steeda’s Watts Linkage. The Steeda Watt’s Linkage is all new and a definite “step above” EVERYTHING available today in the marketplace. When you combine this rear suspension element with the other track tested and proven suspension products, you will certainly end up with a suspension system that is the very best available anywhere. Steeda’s Watts Linkage eliminates the unwanted lateral motion inherent in the geometry of the factory panhard bar in its operating range. Eliminating the lateral movement of the axle will provide for a more stable and confidence inspiring feeling as your vehicle’s suspension moves through its range of motion.

Although the concept of the watts link is not new, Steeda has set itself apart from the competition through innovation. On a Watt's Link-equipped vehicle, the center pivot of the center link is the rear roll center. Steeda’s Watts Linkage allows the center pivot to move up or down to adjust your roll center up or down. Further, the lateral links should be horizontal and the center link vertical with the vehicle at ride height. Steeda’s Watts Linkage maintains this ideal geometry unlike the competition. When the links are not set up horizontal at ride height, there can be significant increases in scrub in one or both of the travel directions. In addition to the best performance, Steeda goes the extra mile to eliminate unwanted NVH with the use of polyurethane bushings.

This product is for the most discerning street performance enthusiast and also for those tracking their car. The loose axle feeling with the Panhard Bar (due to lateral axle movement) doesn't always inspire confidence when tossing the car around. The more stable feeling with a Watt's Linkage should allow a typical driver to control the car closer to the vehicle’s limit.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good but kind of pricey, then again it is the same price as the Saleen one.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
It's better engineered than the Saleen one was. This one won't rip your differential like their's did. The install is actually pretty easy for someone to do also.

rosco

Curves, got to love em!
Reaction score
HOLY COW! Can we get a trade in for the adjustable panhard bar and brace? :roflmao:
Just like all the other toys we want the metal calculation has to be done and decide how important the improvment is. I want it, I need it! I now have to save for it. BUT I WILL GET IT!

s1roush

forum member
Reaction score
If you click on the 'View X-Large Image' button, why does it download the photoshop(psd) file?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Steve I've heard pros and cons about the watts link working with a one piece drive shaft. What is Steeda's position on this?

Earl

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is the weight difference between a piece like this and the stock parts it replaces?

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Steve I've heard pros and cons about the watts link working with a one piece drive shaft. What is Steeda's position on this?

Earl

What cons specifically have you heard? I haven't heard anything specific about issues with 1pc shafts. Possibly if you have an existing vibration issue, it could transfer more?

As for the weight of the components, it's around 34lbs give or take. I don't have an exact weight for the panhard bar and brace, but the benefits would far outweigh anything for someone looking for the ultimate setup for their car.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The vibration problem is what I was referring to. I have read that the watts will increase the vibration but I can't understand why.

Earl

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
The vibration problem is what I was referring to. I have read that the watts will increase the vibration but I can't understand why.

Earl

The only way I could see it increasing vibration is if you already have one, and the poly/ heim bushings are transferring the noise more. Other than that, there's nothing about it that would cause a driveline vibration.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back