Wavetrack Diff failure

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
Has anyone had one of these fail. Mine has failed after 6 months and no dragstrip launches. Very disappointed hoped I just got a lemon! Supposed to lifetime guaranteed.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I know a guy that had three of them fail and replaced then was reimbursed and whet to a spool.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Eaton Truetrac seems to have a lot better reputation for durability. Been very pleased with mine and it sees dragstrip duty.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
You are not the only person here on these forums to have a problem with your 8.8 WaveTrac. It is strange that the failures associated with the WaveTrac are all centered around the 8.8 units. I've only heard of one 9" failure and NONE in the Porsche/BMW/VW units from folks who have tracked their cars to hell and back.

I'm curious, when you pull the unit, can you please let us know what failed?

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
The unit was basically destroyed inside. Pieces everywhere, took an act of congress to get the axles out. Wavetrac has agree to give me a refund after inspecting the left overs which I requested. Atleast they are standing behind it.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
The unit was basically destroyed inside. Pieces everywhere, took an act of congress to get the axles out. Wavetrac has agree to give me a refund after inspecting the left overs which I requested. Atleast they are standing behind it.

After talking to Jeff I decided to not get one, especially after he told me it almost took the axles with it.

I bought a Detroit Locker off beefcake and am taking my car to Jeff in a few weeks.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I talked to a guy last night that has been through two of these and ended up putting a fac carbon fiber diff it temporarily till he decides what to do. He told me that these units are made buy another company for Moser and that after the second one failed they had him send it strait to the company that manufactured it. I cant remember the name of the company though. They did refund him though and told him the are aware of the issues and have a stonger unit coming very soon.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I talked to a guy last night that has been through two of these and ended up putting a fac carbon fiber diff it temporarily till he decides what to do. He told me that these units are made buy another company for Moser and that after the second one failed they had him send it strait to the company that manufactured it. I cant remember the name of the company though. They did refund him though and told him the are aware of the issues and have a stonger unit coming very soon.

For $1,000 they should have been strong to begin with :asshat:

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
Autotech was the diff builder. I finally got my refund and went with the trutrac. Unit was installed at CRT Performance and is quiet and done awesome at Mustang Week.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I hope the trutrac works out better. I am on my second one. First one chipped and cracked up inside........sounded really bad. New one is noise free. Power is going to the ground, won the first event I entered after installing it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back