Weird Stereo issue

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
My buddy I work with went out of town for a month and came back and his battery was dead. He swapped it out and then he noticed the sound coming out of the speakers was very very low. Can barely hear it even turning volume way up. It is the mach 500 stereo system all stock still 2007 GT. Now here is the really weird part. It only does it on FM stereo. AM and CD's normal volume control. HE has tried tons of different ways to reset the stereo and also disconnect the battery and so on. He wants to get an aftermarket double din unit but doesn't want this to persist with it. Also took antenna off to see if was related and it's definitely not. Caused it to get static in the speakers. Could have one of the little amps have gone bad or just something in the head unit itself go bad?

Thanks guys.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
My buddy I work with went out of town for a month and came back and his battery was dead. He swapped it out and then he noticed the sound coming out of the speakers was very very low. Can barely hear it even turning volume way up. It is the mach 500 stereo system all stock still 2007 GT. Now here is the really weird part. It only does it on FM stereo. AM and CD's normal volume control. HE has tried tons of different ways to reset the stereo and also disconnect the battery and so on. He wants to get an aftermarket double din unit but doesn't want this to persist with it. Also took antenna off to see if was related and it's definitely not. Caused it to get static in the speakers. Could have one of the little amps have gone bad or just something in the head unit itself go bad?

Thanks guys.

Same pair of 250 watt amps ( front + rear) are used for everything, AM, FM, CD's etc. Has he got the FM radio programmed correctly, since it has both FM1....and FM2. Ant connections ok ? It may well be in the head unit itself. Seems strange it only happened after the battery went dead.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Same pair of 250 watt amps ( front + rear) are used for everything, AM, FM, CD's etc. Has he got the FM radio programmed correctly, since it has both FM1....and FM2. Ant connections ok ? It may well be in the head unit itself. Seems strange it only happened after the battery went dead.

Yeah I played around with it with him. Yeah antenna connection works just fine. The amp's were my only other guess other than the head unit itself. But if they both control all of it then that's all I can think of is just the head unit. I was saying just get one and we can swap and see if problem is fixed. If not then return head unit.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
If this is a 2007 shaker, check the front amps in the driver side footwell, both of mine went bad.. Could be coincidental with the battery

stormtropper

Reaction score
how do i eject the cd that are stuck in it without removing the unit??

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back