Well, since someone split the beans....

moosestang

Reaction score
steve, if you need any more beta testers, I live near Gainesville Florida and will drive anywhere for a free belt drive.

mustanggt0405

forum member
Reaction score
I am in Orlando and I can caravan over with Moose. I am also willing to beta test this for a free belt drive. My car is also a DD so it sees about 13-18k miles a year.

Good test I think.

mygt500

Stangpede Co-Captain Michigan Chapter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am in MI and will ship the car to where ever you want to test that bad boy!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This looks good!! Maybe no more shredded belts for me?

what power adder do you have? i will bet you any amount of money one of your pulleys is out of alignment. My S/C was about 1 rib too far back. used a new ring seal from KB and that was fixed. Then adjusted the ps pulley out towards the front of the car. they should not be sitting flush on the pump. Try this and your problem will be solved

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
2 Questions.... Just to confirm it as 94Tbird said, Will changing the snout in the KBs work with the kit? and also if it does work can we buy the parts separately?? I would really like to keep km TThumper r Tensioner

-John

CataclysmGT

forum member
Reaction score
You can keep whatever tensioner you want for your accessory belt. You are not putting it on the Steeda 10 rib kit though....its tensioner is completely different.

mygt500

Stangpede Co-Captain Michigan Chapter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2 Questions.... Just to confirm it as 94Tbird said, Will changing the snout in the KBs work with the kit? and also if it does work can we buy the parts separately?? I would really like to keep km TThumper r Tensioner

-John
Not that I am aware of and it was designed solely for the Whipple. I know, I know they are very similar S/C's so why cant they mate together? Beats me but Steeda was sure it isn't compatible.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would really like to go with this set up once they come out with an 18 psi combination. A 2.625 blower pulley combined with the stock balancer gave me 16psi----now with the 10% overdrive crank pulley and the 2.625 I expect 18psi. Can this set up work like that?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back