Went to the Track Last Night/Cool Story Bro

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
Isn't the power band the same 6900+? Shift at 7k. What's your rev limiter set at? By shifting "regularly", are you granny shifting or are your shifts taking less than half a second, etc.? Start launching at 5k and go up 100rpm each time your 60' gets better, but you'd need a good burn out to still get plenty of traction, you do want your tires to slightly break loose off the line. You should easily be in the 12's.

Last edited:

lilcrate

forum member
Reaction score
Are you doing second burnout?

A lot of guys aim to shift around 6500 and a couple aim for higher.

I've been researching 2nd gear burnouts and am seeing mixed opinions. Some say it is really hard on the clutch. Would you guys say it puts a lot of wear on the stock clutch of an s197?

Going back to the track in a couple weeks. I'm trying to brush up on advice given to me.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
2nd gear burnouts aren't that big of a deal if the tires are wet. But yes it is a little harder on the stock clutch.

lilcrate

forum member
Reaction score
Well I went back last night. The place was packed and moving very slow. First run I tried a going around the water box, reversing in, and then 2nd gear burnout. 2nd gear burnout failed and I think I burned the shit out of my clutch. I probably need to be a little heavier on the throttle. So pulled up with little to no burnout. I upped my launch RPM to 5k anyway and "no-lift" shifted 2-3 and 3-4 (forgot to do it on 1-2). 60ft sucked but still got 13.2@107.

I waited in line for about 2 hours for my 2nd pass. This time I decided to not try and make all of my changes at once, so I just rolled through the water box and did a 1st gear burnout, but it was a pretty good one for just 1st gear. I launched at 5k and "no-lift" shifted all the way down. I went 12.8@109 with 1.8 60ft. That was it, didn't want to wait another 2 hours for another pass.

I know it has more in it with more practice and a few tweaks, but so far I'm very happy with my improvements just from shifting changes and launching higer. PSI was at 19 and launch seemed good. Hooked with a very slight spin.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Well I went back last night. The place was packed and moving very slow. First run I tried a going around the water box, reversing in, and then 2nd gear burnout. 2nd gear burnout failed and I think I burned the shit out of my clutch. I probably need to be a little heavier on the throttle. So pulled up with little to no burnout. I upped my launch RPM to 5k anyway and "no-lift" shifted 2-3 and 3-4 (forgot to do it on 1-2). 60ft sucked but still got 13.2@107.

I waited in line for about 2 hours for my 2nd pass. This time I decided to not try and make all of my changes at once, so I just rolled through the water box and did a 1st gear burnout, but it was a pretty good one for just 1st gear. I launched at 5k and "no-lift" shifted all the way down. I went 12.8@109 with 1.8 60ft. That was it, didn't want to wait another 2 hours for another pass.

I know it has more in it with more practice and a few tweaks, but so far I'm very happy with my improvements just from shifting changes and launching higer. PSI was at 19 and launch seemed good. Hooked with a very slight spin.

picked up .02 & 3mph on the trap speed over your original times in this thread, not bad man! :thumb2:

I really need to get to a track.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

good stuff bro, keep it up! going to start heading to the track myself soon!

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
sorry I had to

This-cool-story-brought-to-you-by-BRO-INCORPORATED-388x500.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back