went to the track tonight what do you think?

NRG-GT

forum member
Reaction score
i was happy with my results. what do you think?

first run

rt- .137
60'- 1.953
330-5.435
1/8- 8.327
MPH- 84.93
1000- 10.855
1/4- 12.988
MPH- 105.72

Second run

rt- .056
60'- 1.938
330- 5.412
1/8- 8.301
MPH- 85.01
1000- 10.824
1/4- 12.949
MPH- 105.97

Mods consist of 110mm jlt cia, delete plates, o/r x pipe, 4.10 gears, BBR tune, and cj drag springs only in rear. any suggestions?

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks good. That's ET numbers like I'll be shooting for. I'd suggest some underdrive pulleys. They actually do help alot.

What was the DA?

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Those are some pretty dang good times for a 3v with those mods. Maybe a set of drag radials and try to get the 60' down a little. Which in turn will give you a better et.

NRG-GT

forum member
Reaction score
not sure it was very cold though on the da it was at royalpurple raceway last night which used to be houston raceway park, i think some one from the forum with a 5.0 was there he might be able to say.

NRG-GT

forum member
Reaction score
Those are some pretty dang good times for a 3v with those mods. Maybe a set of drag radials and try to get the 60' down a little. Which in turn will give you a better et.

yea ive been wanting to get some drag radials but the car is my DD also so that plays a factor in what tire i get. also i have thought about gettin another set of rims with some small slicks on there.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Those are very good times. In fact I have a mod or two more than you including sticky tires but my E.T is still slower than you.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I went to dragtimes/Da calculator. And at 6:53 P:M, the D/A as -1093' so 12.949 at 105.97 is 13.094 at 104.76 corrected.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Damn good runs, it looks like if you ran in the same mineshaft air next time and improved your 60 foot to 1.753 which is definitely within reach on a DR you would be looking at 12.5x E/T which is damn stout for your mods and your trap!

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
not sure it was very cold though on the da it was at royalpurple raceway last night which used to be houston raceway park, i think some one from the forum with a 5.0 was there he might be able to say.
Not sure if you were talking about me or not but I was there ;)
I saw your car and was actually going to talk to you but never got a chance to do so since I got tied up with adjusting tire pressure and trying to get the car dialed in.

I wasn't cutting that great of times sadly due to horrible 60's. I will have some cobra jet springs in for next week so I can once again have weight transfer instead of being lowered.

NRG-GT

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if you were talking about me or not but I was there ;)
I saw your car and was actually going to talk to you but never got a chance to do so since I got tied up with adjusting tire pressure and trying to get the car dialed in.

I wasn't cutting that great of times sadly due to horrible 60's. I will have some cobra jet springs in for next week so I can once again have weight transfer instead of being lowered.

yep it was you that i was talkin about i have to say you have a very sick car. my buddy was there and he has a camaro and when that green one ran its last time i called it when he lined up that he was gona blow it. my buddy said no way and sure enough it happend, i told him thats why i got a mustang just look at the 5.0 ran all night and stayed strong.

these runs were my personal best and am thinking about what mods i shoud do next.

NRG-GT

forum member
Reaction score
Damn good runs, it looks like if you ran in the same mineshaft air next time and improved your 60 foot to 1.753 which is definitely within reach on a DR you would be looking at 12.5x E/T which is damn stout for your mods and your trap!

looks like i need some dr's or slicks

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
yep it was you that i was talkin about i have to say you have a very sick car. my buddy was there and he has a camaro and when that green one ran its last time i called it when he lined up that he was gona blow it. my buddy said no way and sure enough it happend, i told him thats why i got a mustang just look at the 5.0 ran all night and stayed strong.

these runs were my personal best and am thinking about what mods i shoud do next.
I appreciate it. I made quite a few passes with times all over...even ran a 13.9 on a pass after missing third and just letting out. My friend ran a 10.57 @ 135 on his only pass on the night in a vortech'd corvette. I got walked pretty hard by an all-motor vette myself :thumb:

How do the cobra jet springs in just the rear feel? I will be having a set sent to me before this Friday and the rear springs are incredibly easy to install so I will be slapping them on to see what happens.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
The next time you come down you can run my ET Streets if you'd like. They bolt right on without a problem. I'm not responsible if you break though ;)

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought two matching rims and threw my DRs on them. Just change them out when you go to the track. It's a bit of a pricey option, but when you consider what it gets you, I think it's worth it.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
looks like i need some dr's or slicks

PM me next time you head to the track I'll loan you my slicks. I don't use them anymore as I use MT drag radials at the track and daily driving. I have been seeing 1.57 to 1.60 with the drag radials and sportlines but otherwise stock suspension.

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
Those are good times, I would do the udps for top end mph and some control arms to help with the 60' combined should show some improvement.

A driveshaft should help too at the upper end. I don't know if you are thinking of lt's too?As the weather gets warmer you might not see gains until you have the same conditions so don't get to attached to the numbers. Any 60' gains will stay consistant even when da changes. If the track gets hot you will lose 60' on some street tires and getting the DRs will settle that down. Careful not to have too much wheel hop and eliminate it if you can.

You have a strong car, and there is much more there but the more you do the less dramatic the gains will seem for the buck but don't let it stop you...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back