What did YOU just order? (Reading Comprehension Test)

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good. That's on top of UK right?

Just washed the Explorer with Reset (I like it. Will be buy some more very soon). cut my Reload 1:1 and got that oily residue people have been talking about w/ the 14 version. Supposedly they reformulated it and Reload 2014 v 2.0 will be out soon. Like be Reload but 2014 is finicky. Hopefully they worked out the kinks.

28ONE

Reaction score
Looks good. That's on top of UK right?

Just washed the Explorer with Reset (I like it. Will be buy some more very soon). cut my Reload 1:1 and got that oily residue people have been talking about w/ the 14 version. Supposedly they reformulated it and Reload 2014 v 2.0 will be out soon. Like be Reload but 2014 is finicky. Hopefully they worked out the kinks.

Yeah over the top of UK, Viking Spritz has similar chemical content of Reload (Silica)...

Here's a meet n greet we had...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-5-autogeek-detailers-hobbyist-pic-heavy.html

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Great turn around on that truck. Pics really show how much gloss UK adds to perfectly polished paint. Would love to be a part of something like that up here on the northern east. I should have you hook brother up since he lives down in your neck of the woods. I was just out there in June. His vehicles have like a 1/4 of dust on them embarrassing. Plus he showed me where he has them washed. I cringed. He is a lost cause. Plus his cars aren't that nice anyways, he drives a Subaru lol

28ONE

Reaction score
Great turn around on that truck. Pics really show how much gloss UK adds to perfectly polished paint. Would love to be a part of something like that up here on the northern east. I should have you hook brother up since he lives down in your neck of the woods. I was just out there in June. His vehicles have like a 1/4 of dust on them embarrassing. Plus he showed me where he has them washed. I cringed. He is a lost cause. Plus his cars aren't that nice anyways, he drives a Subaru lol

Thanks man, love UK! Definitely easier when you have a team of people to apply lol The meet n greet was cool, it took us about 3 months to plan. Where does your brother live? 1/4" dust on his vehicles, yeah not sure I'd wanna open that can of worms up hahaha

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
He is in Alameda. The sad thing is I showed him how to properly wash vehicles before he moved out there, even gave him some supplies. I have to give him a slight pass though, He just had a baby about 6 months ago.

28ONE

Reaction score
He is in Alameda. The sad thing is I showed him how to properly wash vehicles before he moved out there, even gave him some supplies. I have to give him a slight pass though, He just had a baby about 6 months ago.

Wow what a trip, so Don from that thread lives in Alameda, we're actually gonna correct his Subie STi this weekend then coat with PA Cosmic

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
It's his second time around out there. Just got out of the Coast Guard. His wife works @ the SF VA. Now that he is unemployed he needs a hobby. If only I was out there to push him in the proper direction again.

laughed at you guys' youtube on how to use Reload. Who knew it required the 3 detailer method. lol

28ONE

Reaction score
It's his second time around out there. Just got out of the Coast Guard. His wife works @ the SF VA. Now that he is unemployed he needs a hobby. If only I was out there to push him in the proper direction again.

laughed at you guys' youtube on how to use Reload. Who knew it required the 3 detailer method. lol

Yeah the video was funny but it worked - no dilution either

ModdedMach

Detailer of shiny things.
Reaction score
Damn thats some tight beading from a spray on option. Like Sonax BSD good.

BSD is cheap tho...Viking spritz...not so much, probably more durable tho.

28ONE

Reaction score
Damn thats some tight beading from a spray on option. Like Sonax BSD good.

BSD is cheap tho...Viking spritz...not so much, probably more durable tho.

Love BSD and time will tell for durability - definitely boutique product

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I've got an order I'm filling out as I write this but I would like a couple opinions before hitting checkout...

1L CarPro Eraser
1L CarPro PERL
Sonax Polymer Net Shield
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer
Gtechniq G5 Wheel Armor
Various low profile hydrotech pads
Various microfibers
Various applicators and bottles

I've heard great things about SPNS and the ease of application. I will one day likely move up to CQuartz UK but wanted to give this a go first paired with SBSD. My usual tire dressing (Ultima Tire & Trim Guard) seemed great when I first got it but over time I noticed that it doesn't have great durability to condensation and attracts dust. PERL however can be diluted for tires, plastics, and even leather (I question this a bit). Eraser is good to have and smells better than a traditional IPA mix, and this is fine since I typically use Meg's 105/205 and Menzerna SF 4500 which does have a bit of oil in it.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Should I not waste my time with the Sonax and jump to CQuartz or perhaps C.A.R. Bullet Proof?

Last edited:

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I would still definitely get SPNS. If you are doing other people's cars to its worth it. You can pretty much say with UK you ll only get 1 use out of a bottle. You'll get quite a few applications from SPNS. It honestly depends on your needs though.

Some spns beads

Last edited:

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
This is all personal use...I used to do other cars but just don't have the time anymore unless some higher end jobs are being offered. As a bit of background I'm slightly OCD and an using quick detailer either daily or every other day to keep the road dust down. I use FK425 diluted 1:1 or CG V7 normally. Both of these supposedly are anti static but even after 4 hours at work I can discern the very fine layer of dust on my car. I'm sure that I'd be burning through the SBSD extremely quickly unless the net shield could keep the dust from sticking.

Normally my sealant/wax combo is blacklight/lava or Pete's 53but I'm burning through those so I can justify a quality coating.

28ONE

Reaction score
Mine is UKd and its great, just keep in mind there's a lot more prep required and some attention to detail stuff when applying UK. SPNS is freaking awesome stuff but as 00blkvert says, what are your needs. If you're going with CQ, definitely get the UK version not the regular stuff.

Pre-Reqs for UK:

Paint correction
Wash
Decon - IronX
Clay
Eraser - 2 wipedowns
Apply UK
Apply Reload for added protection and slickness

PERL is great with all the various dilutions, but I've since switched to TufShine for my tires.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I used tufshine on my tires way back before my mustang. From what I remember it is pretty good stuff, probably better than the Ultima I'm using. I'd definitely prep before the Sonax as well. How is UK at holding dust off? Literally one of my biggest pet peeves is to come out after work to my freshly waxed car, see the dust on my car, attempt to blow it off with a spirited drive, only for it to stubbornly remain there.

I guess my only concern would be that my FK 425 would mask properties of the SPNS. I still have about 1/2 gallon of the stuff and don't want to waste it. The BSD from what I understand is a quick detailed but also boosts the properties of SPNS correct?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back