What do you think?

cyazo6

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Jim can't wait to get that new 298 stroker motor back! I was wondering what do you think that motor would make for rear wheel #'s with your ported/cnc'd heads stock cams and a 12% overdrive with a 2.87 upper? Hopefully it'll run solid 10's on JDM day.
Thanks,Fred

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a 298 stroker motor being built right now by JDM. I am going to buy their ported heads and run a 12% overdrive/2.87 upper on a Saleen blower. The car is a automatic with a precision industries converter, 4:10 gears. I hope to have a solid 10 second car.
I was wondering who else has a JDM stroker motor in their car and what kind of #'s you made on the dyno, what times you run?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I have a 298 stroker motor being built right now by JDM. I am going to buy their ported heads and run a 12% overdrive/2.87 upper on a Saleen blower. The car is a automatic with a precision industries converter, 4:10 gears. I hope to have a solid 10 second car.
I was wondering who else has a JDM stroker motor in their car and what kind of #'s you made on the dyno, what times you run?
Hmmm... I think JIII is having an identity crisis. Or he is hearing those little voices in his head again... haha

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

OK, Wow. Good luck with that.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I said solid 10's I didn't mean 10.0's. I am talking about a consistent 10 something car. Not sure how you took that.

I was just replying to Jims post telling us that he has a JDM stroker motor being built. He already has one, and he is having JDM do all the work. I understand the post, just commenting on his part. LOL

As far as you, you will have a consistant 10sec car. And in the cold you should be in the 9s, if Jim gives you an aggressive tune. Tell him to add some timing to that bitch, and if you run it on the lean side you will have a 9 sec slip with cold weather.

GTMackattack

Reaction score
You'll def have a consistent 10 sec car. ill run 10's all day in 90* and high humidity. you'll most likely be around 545-550rwhp just as a break in tune then Jim will tune u up. im @ 580ish (dont remember the exact number) right now & will be getting an all out race tune from Jim to run 9's

joe@jdm

Official Vendor
Reaction score
i'm glad i don't have to answer every question. you guys on here take care of it for me :clap:

cyazo6

forum member
Reaction score
You'll def have a consistent 10 sec car. ill run 10's all day in 90* and high humidity. you'll most likely be around 545-550rwhp just as a break in tune then Jim will tune u up. im @ 580ish (dont remember the exact number) right now & will be getting an all out race tune from Jim to run 9's
Those are nice numbers! Are those numbers with 91 or 93 octane in your car?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back