What else is needed ?

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
Hi,

So my friend is installing a Pro-charger P1sc-1, I am wondering what else is needed to really get those horses up and make the care powerfull + a great daily driver ?

What type of plugs ? #39 injector? boost a pump ? U just name the stuff..

Thanks

Darth Stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good morning Saud, good to see you're getting the mod bug! However, you didn't say what type of car you had, GT manual?

In most cases, when you add a supercharger you will be looking at these mods to make sure you can enjoy it:

GT500 fuel system (pumps, wiring, and second FPDM)
FRPP 39# injectors or Siemens-deka 60# depending on boost
Autolite or FRPP HT0 sparkplugs (1 heat range colder)
Wideband Air/fuel ratio gauge (autometer or AEM)
Mechanical Boost gauge
Electric Fuel pressure gauge
Pillar pod for gauges (recommend the Speed of Sound triple A-pillar pod)
And make sure you get a good tune!!!!! Otherwise that Procharger will blow up your engine!

I know Tillman Speed and Brenspeed have done some tunes for folks in the middle east, where I know you get better gas!

Some suspension mods you can now consider:
One piece aluminum drive shaft (Spydershaft or Shaftmasters)
Lowering springs (Eibach, Steeda, Saleen, BMR) and Tokico d-spec shocks
Adjustable Upper Control Arm (Steeda, BMR)
FRPP GT500 Lower Control Arms (stiffer than stock)
Adjustable Panhard bar (BMR)
Strut tower brace

Many folks go with 3.73 or 4.10 gears, but you will break traction with 4.10s all day long, so maybe 3.73s.

Try wider tires in the back, maybe 275's?

Final note: try not to go above 450RWHP until you put forged internals in. The stock rods on these engines just aren't safe above that level. if you are thinking about putting a built motor in, there are lots of threads about that.

Cheers!!

Darth Stang

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
Hi,,

sorry for not mentioning but the mustang is AUTO.. its a 2007 .. just got back from the shop and the car will be ready by tomorrow ..

the Only injectors we found were the #38 ... will they be fine ? Because we want maximum power .. lets say when we tell people its 450rwhp it truly is 450rwhp.. ;)

What about the kenne bell boost a pump is it needed ?

im not actually a pro on F/I so bare with me plz.. lol

Appreciate the help.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Upgrade to a GT500 fuel system, stay away from the boost a pump. 38s??? I never heard of those. I would second the need for a tune. Don't skimp on the tune, you don't wanna nuke your motor for no good reason.
I would also consider a set of long tubes and a good CAI. If your going for max ets, I owuld suggest a TC and 4.56 or 4.80 gears too! JDM can set you up with a tuner and parts, I know they ship overseas.

Darth Stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi,,

sorry for not mentioning but the mustang is AUTO.. its a 2007 .. just got back from the shop and the car will be ready by tomorrow ..

the Only injectors we found were the #38 ... will they be fine ? Because we want maximum power .. lets say when we tell people its 450rwhp it truly is 450rwhp.. ;)

What about the kenne bell boost a pump is it needed ?

im not actually a pro on F/I so bare with me plz.. lol

Appreciate the help.

Saud,

39# will be fine if you get the GT500 fuel system upgrade. You can probably make 450 to the wheels with what you have, but it will all depend upon the tune. Maybe you can e-mail Brenspeed, Bamachips, or Tillman to get a tune that you can then have fine tuned. Do you have access to a dyno over there?

Darth

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
39# will be fine if you get the GT500 fuel system upgrade.
For the past couple years, I've been running 39# injecters, with a BAP on the stock fuel pump. The car is making in excess of 450rwhp (on 12psi boost). So from my experience, I don't think the GT500 pumps are "mandatory" at that level. But, having said that, I wouldn't go any higher than I am right now without a fuel system upgrade.

Darth Stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For the past couple years, I've been running 39# injecters, with a BAP on the stock fuel pump. The car is making in excess of 450rwhp (on 12psi boost). So from my experience, I don't think the GT500 pumps are "mandatory" at that level. But, having said that, I wouldn't go any higher than I am right now without a fuel system upgrade.

Yeah Don, but you're also running a built engine, tuned by a great guy, and you have lots of knowledge. I think our friend may be at a distinct disadvantage in each of those categories.....

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
Alright here is what is going to happen.. I have been trying to contact Justin at VMP tunning and he doesnt reply.. Im gonna try tillman speed today..

Im gna get FRPP HT0 , MSD fuel pump ( the power for fuel pump ) and a perfect tune. Anything else ? it alsready has a long tube kooks on it ... Im thinking something like CMCV and C.O.P's from MSD too ....

ITs a daily drivers car and we dont need more than 450rwhp .. Unfortunatly the dyno numbers here are fake they will increase 20 hp or so to make a customer smile..

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Yeah Don, but you're also running a built engine, tuned by a great guy, and you have lots of knowledge. I think our friend may be at a distinct disadvantage in each of those categories.....

I have a procharger and ran fine more 7+ months with a KB bap(40amp). Before the meth injection boom) Anyway, gt500 kit is over kill unless your going to hit closer to 500.

Back