What have you done to your house today

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Almost finished my strawberry bed in the back yard, just need dirty and 1 half of a brick
4b737cd1bf87d2baf1220a8edfcb4393.jpg
61724cf5191811f469dcc0ab9be09578.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Brought in my last load of dirt for my backyard strawberry bed and had a little mishap. At least i know my 4WD in my trucks works well, almost had to get towed out of my yard lol.
dbbb96e1867d8e9bbd6abb40dff111ae.jpg
097a4354a44323e5e428b6361e43f8f6.jpg

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Brought in my last load of dirt for my backyard strawberry bed and had a little mishap. At least i know my 4WD in my trucks works well, almost had to get towed out of my yard lol.
dbbb96e1867d8e9bbd6abb40dff111ae.jpg
097a4354a44323e5e428b6361e43f8f6.jpg

LMAO....

Sounds like something my son or I would figure out..

:ryu:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is on ends of some branches of Rose of Sharon? I thought they were larva/caterpillars but almost looks more like a fungus upon closer inspection, we've had higher than usual temps and rain mixing back & forth
vfUJS89.jpg

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ Did you find out what was on your Rose of Sharon? If not, I'll ask my friend Don tomorrow. He's quite knowledgeable on that stuff.

Finished my irrigation system today. It was a lot more work than I remember from my last system install about 18 years ago. The water pressure is great since it's tapped straight off the well pump and pressure tank before the water softener and filtration system. I'm getting 45' out of the Hunter rotor heads with the 4gpm nozzles.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ Don says insecticide and horticultural oil would be his course of action. Lowe's and Ace Hardware both carry his product in the garden section called 'citrus and ornamental spray'. 5% malathion and hort oil. The brand is Sunniland.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Painted the garage doors in the same color as the house siding, with white trim.
Also painted the center garage door, in the same color as the front door

20160612_garage-doors4.jpg

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Any electricians? Before I go pulling new wire, want to replace ceiling fans with fans with lights, it's 2 wire power and the fans do not have remote (basically got them free). Is there any work around or just stop being a baby and pull the 3 wire? And don't want to use the fan pull string as control since they're over the beds, I could live with it but would be weird for guest room

^ Don says insecticide and horticultural oil would be his course of action. Lowe's and Ace Hardware both carry his product in the garden section called 'citrus and ornamental spray'. 5% malathion and hort oil. The brand is Sunniland.

Awesome thanks, did he say what it was? And I can read the spray but do you know any concerns with well? It's right near the well head (I'm a well newbie so paranoid)

Painted the garage doors in the same color as the house siding, with white trim.
Also painted the center garage door, in the same color as the front door

Looking good, amazing how much you've done and the outcome

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ Your well is going to be anywhere from 50' to 150' deep. Spraying a little bug spray on a bush up at ground level isn't going to make any difference whatsoever.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
^ Your well is going to be anywhere from 50' to 150' deep. Spraying a little bug spray on a bush up at ground level isn't going to make any difference whatsoever.

Another thing among the list I've learned about buying house I should have found out (along with really inspecting every tree/bringing out a tree guy). I have no idea how deep it is, there are a lot of springs around here, might be relatively shallow considering water pours out of people's lawns at certain times including neighbor across street. But yes you're right

Phil1098

Reaction score
Here is the walk in pantry I did for my wife. Here is the before and after shots. Tried my hand at poured in place concrete counter tops too. Oh yeah, that's Eddie the Schnauzer photo bombing the finished room.

Attachments

• 20160319_192754.jpg
    20160319_192754.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 8
  • pantry.jpg
    pantry.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 12

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Here is the walk in pantry I did for my wife. Here is the before and after shots. Tried my hand at poured in place concrete counter tops too. Oh yeah, that's Eddie the Schnauzer photo bombing the finished room.

I'm interested to hear what process and products you used for the concrete countertops if you wouldn't mind sharing. They came out great.

Phil1098

Reaction score
I'm interested to hear what process and products you used for the concrete countertops if you wouldn't mind sharing. They came out great.

This was a bit of a mixed bag for me. I used to be a contractor and I both designed and built (not be the general, but built my house) and so there isn't much building wise that gets me. I used Z countertop forms that snap off after the tops have cured. I also used their concrete mix and fiberglass reinforcing mesh with standoffs. Watched the videos on the website, the whole thing. Here is as Paul Harvey used to say "the rest of the story". What they don't tell you or show on the videos is how to get them properly smooth. I used a magnesium float and a steel trowel and it was quite smooth when done, as concrete goes.............not as countertops go.

Here's the big rub, it was poured in place on top of my brand new cabinets. I will say the ONLY way to get these things nice is to buy and use a wet diamond grit polisher. Now I have plastic sheet masked off all over the place and water and concrete sanded slurry all over the place. So I spent $200 on a polisher and made the biggest mess I could imagine. The only positive is the polisher is fast and got it to an 800 finish and is very smooth.

If it were formed, cured, set on saw horses outside and worked over with the polisher, then brought in and set, it would make for a way nicer end result. As you can see on mine, I had corners, a round polisher disc doesn't fit in a corner real well. If you were doing an island top, that would probably be OK too. In the end it was a ton of work, but now it's done and she is thrilled with the results.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had more loads of rock brought in, went from 3 car parking to 8 car parking and new driveway.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Looking good, amazing how much you've done and the outcome

Thank you!

Today I started painting the doors in the place, finally.
They all still have the old paint on them from the previous owner.
One of the doors I was gonna paint today was a bit too tight in the upper right corner, I went to shave off a little material for a better fit, the old paint near the edge started bunching up, I touched it and it started coming off ... ended up having to fully strip one side of the door before cleaning it, priming it, and painting it.
First coat of paint now drying on 3 doors.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thursday they start on pouring the foundation for my ultimate garage. Its finally going to get done!

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
Been without water for a week. Apparently my well ran dry and I need to have a new one drilled for 5k. Oh and the oak tree in front of it needs to be removed first in order to get to the well. FML.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally started the garage project. This is gonna be my man cave and where i do side work, im stoked.

Attachments

• 20160623_155440.jpg
    20160623_155440.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160623_155523.jpg
    20160623_155523.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 11

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back