What have you done to your house today

keith88lx

forum member
Reaction score
Cleaned up most of the palm trees in my backyard. Have to hire someone to come clean up the taller queen palms soon. Filled up two more cans of the old mulch the previous owner had laid in the playground area. Still have about 6 full cans to go so I have to get rid of it little by little each week. I want to build a pergola and a BBQ area in the corner there, but my wife would rather have a pergola right outside our backdoor. I think it'd look nicer having a seating area, BBQ area in the corner instead. I'm gonna have to fight her on the location.

My wife and I just went into contract with our first home. I too have been thinking of the idea of having a pergola installed and having that as our sitting area for the BBQ. I wish palm trees could survive in harsh winters.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I mowed my yard, trimmed, edged, sprayed round-up, blew sidewalk/driveway and then I mowed the yard on the other side of the cul-de-sac since the house seems to be abandoned. They were trying to sell it at one point by the Realtor sign is gone.

One of the guys at work brought me some high dollar weed killer to try. It's called Speed-zone. Going to hit it up this weekend.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Cleaned up most of the palm trees in my backyard. Have to hire someone to come clean up the taller queen palms soon. Filled up two more cans of the old mulch the previous owner had laid in the playground area. Still have about 6 full cans to go so I have to get rid of it little by little each week. I want to build a pergola and a BBQ area in the corner there, but my wife would rather have a pergola right outside our backdoor. I think it'd look nicer having a seating area, BBQ area in the corner instead. I'm gonna have to fight her on the location.

Awesome stuff man, looking great!

Cam this stuff actually works fairly well.

I'll have to try this. My lawn maintenance company (herb/pesticides and fertilizing claims they have nothing they can use on crab grass.

I mowed my yard, trimmed, edged, sprayed round-up, blew sidewalk/driveway and then I mowed the yard on the other side of the cul-de-sac since the house seems to be abandoned. They were trying to sell it at one point by the Realtor sign is gone.

One of the guys at work brought me some high dollar weed killer to try. It's called Speed-zone. Going to hit it up this weekend.

That's about all I get to do to my house now a days lol.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Mowed, mowed, mowed... Weed trimming too. Then power washed the outdoor kitchen and patio.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Apart from the mowing, weed fighting, driveway blowing, and hedge trimming...

Finally got the lighting done downstairs in the detached garage. Replaced four 4ft T12 fixtures -- where two had bad ballasts -- with four 8ft, and six 4ft T8 fixtures, all with 4100K tubes. I'm not a fan of fluorescent lighting, but you can't beat the light output.

Also, hung a running pony Mustang flag, and a... crossed flags Corvette flag.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I finally got some time this evening to start unpacking boxes out in my shop. Started putting all my tools away and putting parts and stuff on the shelves in the tool room.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Finally crawled under my house and sealed up my air ducts best I could. Hopefully it makes a difference, the spider webs were crazy under, killed one that was probably 3 inches wide.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Getting really tired of that damn dry area in my backyard grass. I flipped the dirt over a few weeks ago and spread seed hoping it would grow and help the issue. It didn't. Went to home depot and bought 12 bags of soil and spread it over most of the dry area and mixed in seed. Didn't have enough for the entire dry areas so I'll have to buy about 5 more bags tomorrow. Problem is my dogs like rolling around in the soil now.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Getting really tired of that damn dry area in my backyard grass. I flipped the dirt over a few weeks ago and spread seed hoping it would grow and help the issue. It didn't. Went to home depot and bought 12 bags of soil and spread it over most of the dry area and mixed in seed. Didn't have enough for the entire dry areas so I'll have to buy about 5 more bags tomorrow. Problem is my dogs like rolling around in the soil now.

You can't water grass seed to much. If you have high daytime temps, it can be rough. Scotts grass seed with mulch is very good.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah the daytime temps have been high the past few weeks and today is no exception. Going to ease off the watering and hope for the best. The dirt before laying the soil today was very dry and hard. I'm hoping now the seed has something to grow in now with the soil.

I wish I could just get sod put in the backyard and start from new. The previous owner had the yard all tore up since he was letting the house go, and has created a lot of projects around the house for me since I got it.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike try to find hulled seeds in the type of grass you want. They germinate faster than your big box store grass seeds. Thats what I am doing and we did one spot and the grass started spouting in less than a week. We had trouble getting the store bought seeds to grow also.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Painted two thirds of my garage as well as the shelving I just built... I am getting too old for this crap!

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Mike try to find hulled seeds in the type of grass you want. They germinate faster than your big box store grass seeds. Thats what I am doing and we did one spot and the grass started spouting in less than a week. We had trouble getting the store bought seeds to grow also.

If this doesn't work, I'll try and find some of those. I feel like building a pool right in the middle of the yard where the dry spot always happens haha

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Repaired some hail damage to the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The lawn thing I really need to fix but don't have time to cater to it at the moment. Working 9-9 most days now and when I get home, I'm drained.

Since I am taking Wednesday morning off, i will hopefully have my floors repaired and my fridge relocated back to the proper position. Also have someone coming out to give me estimates on a deck and fence.

I don't want to buy both at the same time but I'm at a toss on which I should get first. Decks are nice and I can entertain outside but the fence would be nice to keep neighbors dogs from pissing and shitting in my yard as well as trash tumbling in. But also I could get a grille outside on my deck... Decisions

Sent from my SCT X4 using Tunatwat

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
For your grass seed, I've never had much luck getting it to grow without using some straw. Straw always seems to help it around here.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back