What have you done to your house today

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
This should cover most of the downstairs, but yeah, we're getting rid of wallpaper in a bad way. Previous owner had a somewhat eclectic taste in interior decorating; plush deep blue carpet (bathrooms included), brass everything everywhere, and that damn wallpaper.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Went to Lowes to get a fridge and ended up replacing everything in the kitchen. LG fridge, Kitchen Aid convection stove convection microwave and dishwasher. They had 10% off sale and got the 5 year extended warranty. Out the door for under $4k and free delivery. I was stoked the GF was elated. Current appliances are 14 years old and white. New shit is stainless. Its gonna change the whole look of the kitchen.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Spent a couple of hours up in the attic last night changing out ceiling boxes in the boys bedrooms so that I could hang ceiling fans. It was only about 100000000 degrees up there.

I really need to mow my yard but that will have to wait until tomorrow night. I'm going to a local cruise in tonight!!!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Hell ya Jeff. Screw chores!

Went to a cosignment shop today that specializes in reselling model home furniture.

I ended up leaving with two life-size figures of Jake and Elwood Blues... major purchase ADD

Last edited:

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Hell ya Jeff. Screw chores!

Went to a cosignment shop today that specializes in reselling model home furniture.

I ended up leaving with two life-size figures of Jake and Elwood Blues... major purchase ADD

Yeah, my yard even thought it's not perfect is one of the better kept ones in the neighborhood so if anyone bitches they can kiss my ass. haha!

Nice. Blues Bros. :highfive:

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
I installed a programmable thermostat yesterday. Woot woot its looks so much....except its not as wide as the old so now i have a bare spot in the paint.

Owning a house a sucks, lol i feel like every week im spending 50 to $100 on pitaly shit

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
still working on my lawn, don't have much time between work school and life in general. got the sprinklers almost done. just need to fix the piping as they didnt do it right whe they were installed, planted a bunch of flowers, and hopefully soon as it cools down i can seed it and have one bitchin ass lawn.

also worked on my mancave/office added a few new ford decorations to the wall. got me a ford wall mounted thermometer, a mustang alley sign, a mustang mirror, and a 60's era tbird printed mirro glass to hang, might shuffle some shit around to take more advantage of the space.

anyone know if i can get a bead door that is ford related? something cool like this

pandorasboxoc_2008_6771710.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yeah, my yard even thought it's not perfect is one of the better kept ones in the neighborhood so if anyone bitches they can kiss my ass. haha!

Nice. Blues Bros. :highfive:

Gonna have to swing by and check out the new pad when I visit NC again.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I installed a programmable thermostat yesterday. Woot woot its looks so much....except its not as wide as the old so now i have a bare spot in the paint.

Owning a house a sucks, lol i feel like every week im spending 50 to $100 on pitaly shit

You're kidding, right? It's f'ing awesome. I think I've spent that amount per day for the last couple of weeks. Just the other day I stumbled upon a new Schlage deadlock for the detached garage on Slickdeals and thought "why the hell not".

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
You're kidding, right? It's f'ing awesome. I think I've spent that amount per day for the last couple of weeks. Just the other day I stumbled upon a new Schlage deadlock for the detached garage on Slickdeals and thought "why the hell not".

I know right. Modding the house is more addicting than cars. I actually enjoy ownership, theres just a couple things i need to get done for me to be worry free, but both those involve being under the house.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
This should cover most of the downstairs, but yeah, we're getting rid of wallpaper in a bad way. Previous owner had a somewhat eclectic taste in interior decorating; plush deep blue carpet (bathrooms included), brass everything everywhere, and that damn wallpaper.

I missed this post and just LOL'd at it. Some people.... you just have to wonder what made them think all of that would be a good idea?

I just got one of those too. Hopefully it will help knock our electric bill down some.

Gonna have to swing by and check out the new pad when I visit NC again.

You're always welcome.

I know right. Modding the house is more addicting than cars. I actually enjoy ownership, theres just a couple things i need to get done for me to be worry free, but both those involve being under the house.

Yeah, I stopped modding the Mustang the day we made an offer on the house and I'm still too broke to start modding the car again because I keep finding shit to buy for the house.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Home modding FTW.

Went back to the consignment place yesterday and scored a incredibly nice wooden king bed for only $350. Picked it up with my truck and hauled it home that day. Just gotta get a mattress now.

Had the carpets steamed/cleaned today too.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Cleaned a bit inside and thought about how bad I want a new home. Went with the wife to check out some new construction homes we've been eyeing. They finally opened up the model homes and we fell in love with them. Getting paperwork together right now so we can get pre qualified for it very soon hopefully. I'll post an outside pic later

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Not much for posting pictures, but I'm too damn excited with this house shit.

8Pw7q7C.jpg

Yeah, I stopped modding the Mustang the day we made an offer on the house and I'm still too broke to start modding the car again because I keep finding shit to buy for the house.

Ain't no way in hell that I'll be stopping working on cars. She has a few projects planned for her cars, too.

Went back to the consignment place yesterday and scored a incredibly nice wooden king bed for only $350. Picked it up with my truck and hauled it home that day. Just gotta get a mattress now.

Had the carpets steamed/cleaned today too.

I had carpet in the master bathroom. Around the toilet. Think about it.

Carpet cleaning ftmfw, even though I'm tearing all that shit out soon.

Cleaned a bit inside and thought about how bad I want a new home. Went with the wife to check out some new construction homes we've been eyeing. They finally opened up the model homes and we fell in love with them. Getting paperwork together right now so we can get pre qualified for it very soon hopefully. I'll post an outside pic later

Congrats! Details? Highlights? I have to admit that finding a house was quite a bit of fun, but I hated all the damn haggling.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I've been spending more and more money on this house while in process to sell it for my house being built.... So much money

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Not much for posting pictures, but I'm too damn excited with this house shit.

8Pw7q7C.jpg

I hate you. ;-)

I'd certainly be good with a garage set up like that! That's awesome man.

Doing epoxy on the floor on my garage today (weather pending), I'll try and get a pic afterwards.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I had carpet in the master bathroom. Around the toilet. Think about it.

Carpet cleaning ftmfw, even though I'm tearing all that shit out soon.

The thought of that makes me cringe.

I just decided to leave carpet as is. Ill change out the up stairs and basement later... probably will replace a tan/neutral color with short fibers. I hate carpets that show foot tracking, messes with my OCD.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score

I hate the crawl space. It took me three trips to re-run the dryer vent - seems every time I have to fix something it's because some idiot didn't do the job right the first time. And I certainly don't want the next guy calling me an idiot...

Like this under sink setup...

IMAG0252_zpsbaa6611c.jpg

So, turn on the disposal (left) and the gunk shoots out across the horizontal line hits the "Y" and shoots up and out the second sink! What idiot would set that up like that? Couldn't have worked right from the start.

After I re-plumbed this the gunk leaves the disposal with such force you could suck something down the second sink with the vacuum it creates...:naughty1:

20130907_115217_zpsd22797e8.jpg

I tested and confirmed there remains sufficent water in the P-trap - it isn't emptied of water as a result of my redesign.

Also, note the white corrugated line for the dishwasher in the first pic. I don't know why they use that kind of hose, but they are notorious for clogging. Now I have a smooth, clear, nylon reinforced line (I know there's practically no pressure but I liked it better). They had six loops in that corrugated line - no wonder it clogged. Two loops were more than sufficient to prevent backflow, and if I'm going to pull the diswasher I'm disconnecting the line anyway so it doesn't need to be 15' long. That much water resistence puts undue load on the dishwasher pump.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back