Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Fresh mow, scotts, water, edging, etc. Some outdoor TLC

a36119d884080c892e6b52d3020f1d05.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Upgraded my garage lighting today. I had an old 4 bulb florescent fixture somebody gave me years ago but the ballast was weak and if it was a little too warm in the garage then the light wouldn't come on. It also didn't put out a hell of a lot of light.

I removed the fixture, added an outlet box with a double outlet and then hung two new 4 bulb fixtures that take the smaller T8 bulbs. I bought the extra bright 'daylight' bulbs and now when you flip the switch it's like a photography studio in my garage.

Home Depot- the shop lights were $49.97 each and the 10 pack of T8 bulbs was 33.97. I should have done this years ago.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Upgraded my garage lighting today. I had an old 4 bulb florescent fixture somebody gave me years ago but the ballast was weak and if it was a little too warm in the garage then the light wouldn't come on. It also didn't put out a hell of a lot of light.

I removed the fixture, added an outlet box with a double outlet and then hung two new 4 bulb fixtures that take the smaller T8 bulbs. I bought the extra bright 'daylight' bulbs and now when you flip the switch it's like a photography studio in my garage.

Home Depot- the shop lights were $49.97 each and the 10 pack of T8 bulbs was 33.97. I should have done this years ago.

I love those "daylight" bulbs ... girlfriend hates them
The garage in the new house will be designed/outfitted by ME, so I'm getting those, lol

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Busy day today, went to lowes and got supplies, came back and put hardi board on the floor, coat of paint, coat of red gaurd on floor, second coat of paint, followed by second coat of red gaurd on floor. Ready to lay some tile tomorrow.

a2y9ata7.jpg

gesajamu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One freshly sanded paver project! Will give it another sanding in a week.

IMG_2919_zps19ba7953.jpg

IMG_2920_zps16a72219.jpg

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score

yeah i have two standard light bulbs and it "ok".. But i want to go to two set ups like you listed above... shouldnt be to hard

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
^ Looks good, I have the T8 soft white, going to change them out to the daylight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying seeing what everyone is doing to their house. Very cool. I'll get off my ass again soon and start working on my next project.

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
My summer time project has been adding a slab behind my garage. Its always been a pain getting my boat in and out as its such a tight squeeze and tight turn getting it in there. I have to use a golf cart to maneuver it around. There was a small roof that the previous owner had built that I kept my lawn mower under but it just made things tighter with the boat. I removed it and removed part of the gate to give me a little more room. The slab is done and I am going to have an aluminum roof built over the whole area, Im just waiting to get everything together for the HOA to approve. Its not going to be an issue as my neighbor is on the board and he doesnt have a problem with it, but he just wants to show the rest of the board my plans so they know what Im doing.

Before
20FEC531-E67F-44CD-A841-2FE036799CC9_zps0va4s7bl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also extended my driveway so it was easier getting out of my garage when something else was in the driveway. It also helps with backing the boat in without driving on the grass and making a mud hole.

FEA63E94-84C7-4218-B15B-5716D67D29CD_zpskhcrf5p2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yayyy!!!!! Slabs poured

426038FF-EACB-4139-9503-7998CF6D5297_zpsvtqakwc3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finished!!! Still waiting for the roof tho

37A0B151-47C3-4750-9056-0720D5EAA6B8_zps5ncgrqq3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That looks really good. Also looks like a nice flat surface if you ever needed to work on the car!

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, Fortunately I have a decent size garage and drive way for car projects. Once I get the roof built I think I'm going to move my compressor out there and build a bench so when its time to work on the boat i'll have a place to do it.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Me and my wife are calling people for estimates on a wrought iron fence/door for the entry way section walking up to our front door. Not sure how much a fence/door like this will cost, but we really want/need a fence like this put in for added security. Not only due to the baby's nursery room being right next to the front door, but also to keep people from reaching our front door due to my new firearms business.

Anyone have/recommend a good video surveillance system??? Looking at some through Costco, but have mixed reviews. Want something good.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
In the middle of adding a little barn-wood accent to the water closet in the master bath.

Edit to add the finished product:

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back