What have you done to your house today

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score

Nice. I've thought about doing something like that with one wall in my living room. Did you plane that backside down?

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Where did you find the old barn wood? How much does stuff like that run?

It's the wood from the slats on my gates I replaced with new cedar awhile back when I redid the gates.

I've actually got some old wood laying out in my pasture that I'd let you have some of if you figure how much you'd need. You can use my saws to cut it up too. Just bring a case of Corona to donate to the shop fridge. Lol

When I go out tonight I'll check and make sure the wood is the type you need to do something like this.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Another project on the honey do list started today, chair rail and new paint below in the living room.

u8e7ahu3.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Well My 2015 scremaning triple yellow went into something else =-/

Bought a 2004, 3 car, 4 bed, 3 bath, 2400sqf

needed some work.. got it repainted and ripped out the carpets but kept them in the rooms. Allot of money, learning and pain came out of this. Ahhhhh

BEFORE:

20140612_151159_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20140612_151417_RichtoneHDR.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

Wife had to go with the big ass 24" pimp tile.. Found out big tile and small grout lines dont level out a F'ed up concrete slab. Sill me thought since it was a newer house it would have been leveled out.. but I guess thats why they threw carpet on.

Tiles not perfect but some of the design came out good..

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

Ahhh 3 car garage and no new mustang to put in there...

20140612_150911_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Some areas look like they need more grout but guy said too much would flak off and cause issues. Should have went for 20" and a little bigger grout lines. Still looks good but can clearly see some are bulging out. Also some of the white grout lines look like there are gray water spots. it wont dry and from what I read it loooks like ti happens allot with mixing of grout or too much water when cleaning up. I tried to rub it but all it does it make it worse. ahhh.. Was thinking of using a grout pen later. Almost done sealing it. I have what many would call a dram home but I'm mentally and physically spent. Broke as hell... First night was woke up by intermittent adt alarm that is disabled(I have a different system. but the funny thing was I thought it was from the smoke alarm.. that sound was bouncing all over the house.. blew hours till I got it fixed. Then the other night the damn A/C stopped working so I was cooking and up most of that night. All these many months of fighting with the wife and spending all my money.. and I could have a Shelby right now or 2015 with a working a/c and alarm.. ahhhhhhhh

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Well My 2015 scremaning triple yellow went into something else =-/

Bought a 2004, 3 car, 4 bed, 3 bath, 2400sqf

needed some work.. got it repainted and ripped out the carpets but kept them in the rooms. Allot of money, learning and pain came out of this. Ahhhhh

Some areas look like they need more grout but guy said too much would flak off and cause issues. Should have went for 20" and a little bigger grout lines. Still looks good but can clearly see some are bulging out. Also some of the white grout lines look like there are gray water spots. it wont dry and from what I read it loooks like ti happens allot with mixing of grout or too much water when cleaning up. I tried to rub it but all it does it make it worse. ahhh.. Was thinking of using a grout pen later. Almost done sealing it. I have what many would call a dram home but I'm mentally and physically spent. Broke as hell... First night was woke up by intermittent adt alarm that is disabled(I have a different system. but the funny thing was I thought it was from the smoke alarm.. that sound was bouncing all over the house.. blew hours till I got it fixed. Then the other night the damn A/C stopped working so I was cooking and up most of that night. All these many months of fighting with the wife and spending all my money.. and I could have a Shelby right now or 2015 with a working a/c and alarm.. ahhhhhhhh

I feel your pain about trying to keep the wife from spending all the money. When we bought ours, she told me, "we don't have to do everything at once." Guess what... we did it all at once. My bank account and credit cards are feeling the pain.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's the wood from the slats on my gates I replaced with new cedar awhile back when I redid the gates.

I've actually got some old wood laying out in my pasture that I'd let you have some of if you figure how much you'd need. You can use my saws to cut it up too. Just bring a case of Corona to donate to the shop fridge. Lol

When I go out tonight I'll check and make sure the wood is the type you need to do something like this.

Sorry for overlooking this post Jaye! That would be awesome! I will say I will need a good amount but I can measure and let you know.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yard looking great. Battled weeds all summer, but finally got on top of them.

Color starting on the maples...sigh!

DSCN0857_zpsd739f747.jpg

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Sorry for overlooking this post Jaye! That would be awesome! I will say I will need a good amount but I can measure and let you know.
Sean I went out there the other day and it's too thick to use for this sort of thing. It's 3/4" thick. I've got a good stack of it though if you want to come look at it.

Looks really nice !!! how did you attach them to the wall ??

Screws and good measurements. They fit together pretty nicely so that I only needed one screw per board.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yard looking great. Battled weeds all summer, but finally got on top of them.

Color starting on the maples...sigh!

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q598/CBMAMF5/DSCN0857_zpsd739f747.jpg[ /IMG][/QUOTE]

Such a shame spending so much time and money on the lawn just to have it buried under snow 6 months of the year. Looks good though.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Such a shame spending so much time and money on the lawn just to have it buried under snow 6 months of the year. Looks good though.

Yeah, winter can be a bugger. But only had 1 day over 90 this summer. It was just a sweet string of 70's-80's this year. High in the low 70's today and sunny, just awesome out.

Colors are looking to be pretty vivid this year I think.

DSCN0861_zps929d551c.jpg

My daughter will be home from college this weekend. Might pick this tree bare and make a ton of premade apple pie fillings and freeze them.

DSCN0867_zpsabff3ff4.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back