What have you done to your house today

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just used a hammer and beat the shit out of it Doug. But that was floor tile. You are doing it on the wall? Maybe a flat head or a scraper and a hammer?

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Went to lowes today and started working with the lady there to see what cabinets we want to put in our kitchen. Going back tomorrow to talk with her again and try to decide on cabinets, countertop, floor, sink, etc. Pretty cool they plug the info in the program and show you a 3d view of what it would look like

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
It was fun until she gave us the quote for everything we wanted, then its like dam, what can we without. Lol. Luckily our kitchen is small

The first time we went I liked one of the kraftmaid displays they had so we had the guy figure up a price on and it came out to 9500. Then after we decided we didn't want to spend that much we found another brand that had the quiet close doors and drawers just not the exact color we wanted but saved 3000 going with it

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you guys are close to one, Cabinets to Go is pretty awesome. We saved thousands on our kitchen cabinets and they are beautiful. We had gotten a quote to reface our cabinets from Home Depot. They came back with 18k! I bought all new Cherry cabinets from C2G and paid less than a third of that for the whole set.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
If you guys are close to one, Cabinets to Go is pretty awesome. We saved thousands on our kitchen cabinets and they are beautiful. We had gotten a quote to reface our cabinets from Home Depot. They came back with 18k! I bought all new Cherry cabinets from C2G and paid less than a third of that for the whole set.

I had thought about that as there is one about an hour away. We went back after work and finalized our plan. Total cost for cabinets came to $5400, and we will be getting % 10 of that back in a lowes gift card which will help pay for the sink, countertop, and flooring. We are making a few changes to the layout which will give us tons more storage.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I've been painting the kitchen cabinets at the GF's place.

In progress, leaving behind the red color she loves so much, going to a more natural color to hopefully help sell the place in the next few months when it'll be going up for sale.

Some of the lower cabinets in partial primer coverage:

2014-10-28_kitchen2_zpsa474b526.jpg

Some of the upper cabinets, all done, after 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of color:

2014-10-28_kitchen3_zpsaaf30816.jpg

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Looks damn good, Gabe. Definitely a good call making the cabinets a safer color in order to help sell the place.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Looks damn good, Gabe. Definitely a good call making the cabinets a safer color in order to help sell the place.

Thanks ... and yeah, as much as she loves the red, she knows it has to go to make the house appeal to more buyers and get top dollar for it.

Last night I was up till about 3AM (this morning), but I finished all the top cabinets.
The "done" ones I posted above are to the left of these ones:
(I have the doors propped slightly open until the paint fully cures in a couple/few days)

2014-10-29_zps41f6f94c.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Good call, I do however think that Red looks good too.

Yeah I was kinda digging the red and white. Lol

Lol ... I told her it might look cool with the red outline ... she didn't go for it, lol

It's coming out so nice, and so much brighter in there, it's sweet.
And re-using the hinges and the pulls, they all work with the new color.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Also working on the upstairs bathroom vanities.
They're both getting painted, new hardware, new faucets, new water shut-off valves, new water hoses, and new granite vanity tops.

First one, mocked-up for now:

2014-10-29_granite2_zpsefcdbfe5.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back