What have you done to your house today

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but you are in Denver and your house will see significant snow loads! Maybe they could get away with "efficient" building techniques in Arizona or some where sunny, but I would be a little worried.

I don't know what your contract says for building techniques, but I would start looking into it.

I looked a little more into it, and went by the house again. It does have 2x6 studs, but I'm going to push the issue on the inline framing. If that issue is fixed, I have no worries about strength. My architect/builder friend builds houses, including a house for himself last year, in Salt Lake City using the same technique.

I talked to the inspector, my realtor, onebadgsx, and my architect friend,and all agreed that it needs to be fixed. I emailed the builder, so we'll see if I need to get my hands dirty next week.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Went by the house today and they fixed the issue, so that's a relief.

We also received an email from the moving company stating that starting on the 24th they will start charging nearly $60/day to store our stuff. Yet another headache stemming from our builder over-promising on the completion date. Luckily, there is a storage company a block away from our build. It sucks that we don't get to take advantage of the company provided move-in and set-up service, though.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to see they resolved it for you. One step closer!

Thanks, man! I've got to say that I was surprised to walk into the house and see they had put the 4x4 studs in there, since the last I had heard they were defending their framing. It was a pretty smart idea, actually. They just put them in front of all of the plumbing, electrical, and data lines since the existing frame is 2x6.

It should start to get exciting in the next week or two, when they finish with the drywall and texturing, and we can start to see the finishing touches go in.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
So as some of you know, my wife and I moved to Denver in the end of October. We had purchased a house that was being built, with the understanding that it would be completed late December/early January. Since my wife had taken a job here and needed to be here for work, and finding a place to stay for less than 3 months would be difficult, our friend offered to let us stay with him for the two or so months. Obviously, we insisted on paying him a reasonable rent for the area.

Well, when we found out that the house wouldn't be completed until the end of March, we figured it would be asking too much of our friend. Plus, he started dating this girl who is kind of a slob. She's really nice, she just doesn't pick up anything and has two dogs that are far from well behaved.

Anyway, after being scammed on a rental house, we found a really cool apartment complex that was willing to rent us a place for 3 months. I took delivery of the keys today, but will be out of town until Sunday.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
very nice. I can't imagine having "roomates" again. Glad you're getting out of there.

Especially when you're still in the "newly-wed" stage...the lack of privacy would suck. LOL

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
That's a nice apartment.

very nice. I can't imagine having "roomates" again. Glad you're getting out of there.

Especially when you're still in the "newly-wed" stage...the lack of privacy would suck. LOL

Thanks, guys. It's crazy how close in price it was to some really run-down ones I looked at. Plus this one has a ton of amenities included.

Haha, yeah it was a bit of a struggle at times. I'm just glad that nothing happened that would damage my friendship.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Yesterday upgraded the 40" Samsung 60hz to a Panasonic 55" Smart TV 240hz and put the 40 in the bedroom. It definitely helped a lot!
aee511ddf8cb77112c097e69d00fc34d.jpg

63a40c72d7e4938af60ba86f1c8a181b.jpg

Here's a before with the 40 in the living room
482452e49f466b04ea3502a9d5e54590.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I have no idea but my GF thinks it might be Ash

R1V3R5

5-Oh!
Reaction score
Cleaned out a spare room used for storage and made it a home office. Still a lot to get done, but already got a new desktop and recycled some old monitors from work. Will be good for the few days I work from home.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
So yesterday I picked up the bed and mattress my wife and I had picked out to go into our new house. We intended to go with a tempurpedic, but liked the feel of the Serta iComfort better. Haha, the bed pretty much fills up our room in the apartment, but there is another section to it that opens up. The room in our house is much bigger. Can't wait to finally sleep on this thing tonight.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
That thing is bad ass.

Thanks. I thought it was pretty cool and it matched the decor upstairs so I ran with it. I didn't really have a place to put it by the bar, cuz we have a wine fridge there but I think it looks cool where I've got it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back