What have you done to your house today

JimC

Reaction score
Bought 2 new toilets - great day! Actually it will be nicer. Our condo was built in the mid-80's. Nothing has been changed in all those years and the toilets need to be swapped for more efficient things. We have painters coming next week to start on the repainting, with the bathrooms being first. Going to take a while. The wallpaper was put on when the units were built, so the walls were never painted before. They used a LOT of wallpaper paste to put this stuff on so it is taking a lot of effort (all on my wife's part) to strip it and clean up the walls to get ready for paint.

When we bought the place we planned to close on it, and have a couple of weeks to get the painting done and new wood floors. But the closing kept getting postponed (I swear that the back office at Chase was making up things as they went along to cause delays). With the amount of work it is taking to get the wallpaper off though the painting would not have been finished anyway if we had closed when we initially wanted to.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Had a 2nd yard sale today, (1st one was a week ago Saturday).

Made about $100, not enough to have really even bothered.

Put a few things back into the garage, loaded up the truck and the GF's Subaru, dropped off everything left over at the nearest Goodwill store.

Hopeful;y in a week or 2 I might even have the garage cleared out so we can finally park the Mustangs in there again.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's definitely an update. The "tower" on the back is just the chimney. Definitely an upgrade from my last house that was 1460 sq. ft on a 6100 sq ft lot. This is 2740 sq. ft. on 1.43 acres. Now to buy furniture, appliances, lawn mower (riding?), and everything else. My checkbook is really regretting this decision!.

First "upgrade" I did was buy a solar spot light to light up the address in the front. Heading to Home Depot to buy a push broom and a pole pruner.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's definitely an update. The "tower" on the back is just the chimney. Definitely an upgrade from my last house that was 1460 sq. ft on a 6100 sq ft lot. This is 2740 sq. ft. on 1.43 acres. Now to buy furniture, appliances, lawn mower (riding?), and everything else. My checkbook is really regretting this decision!.

First "upgrade" I did was buy a solar spot light to light up the address in the front. Heading to Home Depot to buy a push broom and a pole pruner.

You need a blower, not a push broom. Echo or Stihl hand held. And for the mower I recommend you look for a ZTR style rider. It will reduce or eliminate most of your weedeating and having to cut in with a push mower. I picked up an old POS 54" ztr off Craigslist for $1400 and have about $1800 in it total right now. Takes me less than 15 minutes to cut my lawn.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely a riding mower, and definitely a gas blower. I've been doing the push broom thing since I haven't had time to run new fuel lines in my blower and I friggin' hate it.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, is that San Antonio as ksack said?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back