What have you done to your mustang today?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Does a supercharger increase exhaust volume? What sounded good n/a now seems to have trumpeting...

Increase power through more air and fuel being burned has a direct correlation with greater exhaust volume.

I welded in a couple of small Cherry Bomb resonators to smooth out the exhaust.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Increase power through more air and fuel being burned has a direct correlation with greater exhaust volume.

I welded in a couple of small Cherry Bomb resonators to smooth out the exhaust.

Ok I'm going to try some M80s but I feel they are more mufflers than resonators.

I used to have them although on a different setup I felt they were too quiet.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I'm going to try some M80s but I feel they are more mufflers than resonators.

I used to have them although on a different setup I felt they were too quiet.

I have FRPP FRS-500 SS mufflers on my 2010..and a small M90 blower. Sounded good, no drone. Later I added JBA ceramic LT's and mating JBA catted H. Yikes, way too loud, and bad drone around 1900-2000 rpm. Welded in a pair of Pypes M80's..just b4 the axle... problems solved. Drone about 90% gone..and level is down to reasonable, it's also a deeper pitch. If I had to do it again, I would stagger the M80's slightly, and that will get rid of the last bit of drone. They will get rid of your trumpeting. I sliced the mounting slots off each end of each M80 in the bandsaw, which shortened their overall length.... then had em welded. Get them back as close to the axle as you can, then you get max ground clearance.

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
Found a set of FRPP Sport axlebacks on craigslist, and did a straight across trade for my Outlaws. My car is about 10x quieter now, and much more refined. I have to turn my radio up about half the volume I needed before to hear it. Sounds great, and once I go offroad X it won't be too loud. And no drone!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Found a set of FRPP Sport axlebacks on craigslist, and did a straight across trade for my Outlaws. My car is about 10x quieter now, and much more refined. I have to turn my radio up about half the volume I needed before to hear it. Sounds great, and once I go offroad X it won't be too loud. And no drone!

If they are the same as the ones I have, they are made by Borla and are comparable to the Borla Touring mufflers. Nice tone with just enough growl that people notice.

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
If they are the same as the ones I have, they are made by Borla and are comparable to the Borla Touring mufflers. Nice tone with just enough growl that people notice.

Yeah they are the Borla ones. I just need to adjust the tips a little more since the left side sits too low and towards the right for my taste, but it's really just something I'll notice. I was going to go with GT500s but they just sound too much like popcorn to me, even though everybody loves them. Plus the deal was too good to pass up, for anybody who knows what Outlaws go for vs. what these mufflers go for.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Drove it in the rain....drag radials, I no like doing.

Average

Reaction score
Installed BMR springs, panhard bar, GT500 mounts and panhard brace. One of the factory upper front spring mounts grenaded as soon as I disassembled it - junk. Lil bit lower now, tomorrow my cervini cowl hood is done from the paint shop finally.

Last edited:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Noticed some scratches on both headlights yesterday on my smoke break and when I came back in, checked on some pricing. $1200 a piece at CJ Pony! Holy shit balls. I knew they were gonna be expensive but godamn! Meguires heavy duty restoration kit here I come.

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
Noticed some scratches on both headlights yesterday on my smoke break and when I came back in, checked on some pricing. $1200 a piece at CJ Pony! Holy shit balls. I knew they were gonna be expensive but godamn! Meguires heavy duty restoration kit here I come.

Very expensive! I was looking to get a set but that's crazy! Just going to keep looking for a used set of stock hid headlights.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I keep thinking I could comission a chinese company to make 2005-2009 headlights with a decent HID system, sell the setup for $800... but, I think the aftermarket for these cars is dwindling/vanishing. They might pick up in the future, but for now S550 is where the big spenders are.

Phil1098

Reaction score

Careful with that idea, you will keep going farther down the rabbit hole. Headlight polishing kits are OK, but you cut through the protective outer layer. I have polished several plastic headlights to crystal clear level and a few months later they are pretty hazy already. I never have found what you could put on them after polishing to keep them clear, maybe some type of headlight film or something.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
One Youtuber had an excellent idea. Use the first couple of steps of the Meguire's or something similar but instead of the final polish step (the lenses are crystal clear by now) use something like Krylon UV resistant, anti-yellowing clear coat. I am still somewhat leery and will wait until the lights are in worse shape before I attempt it tho. Mine are still clear as day but have some slight, random scratches.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
A consumer applied coating that doesn't fade or yellow hasn't been invented yet. Whatever you apply out of a jar or can will be inferior to the original coating. Keep that in mind as you furiously scrub to remove the original coating.

Phil1098

Reaction score
A consumer applied coating that doesn't fade or yellow hasn't been invented yet. Whatever you apply out of a jar or can will be inferior to the original coating. Keep that in mind as you furiously scrub to remove the original coating.

^^^^^^^^^This, I couldn't believe how hard the original coating was on a VW lens I did.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Tasca has em for $948! Still fuckin ridiculous. What would be involved in converting them to regular headlights? Could you just remove the ballists, etc and wire em in?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
What I did was buy the cheap eBay headlights, bake them open and swap the lenses. You now have brand new lenses! Cost is about $60-90.

I think I have another set of lenses as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back