What have you done to your mustang today?

travelers

Reaction score
I'll try to get time to clean the car tomorrow and head to the NMRA race at Maple Grove, if not the truck will do.

Phil1098

Reaction score
Installed my new Whiteline LCAs. Took the car for a drive and I am really pleased with these. No noticeable NVH increase, but the suspension feels more solid.

Attachments

• control arm.JPG
    control arm.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 38

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
drove it to the track, to test some transmission tune updates - broke the rear end- had to trailer it home- not exactly sure what broke but I think it is the pinion. was spueing fluid out the billet pan. now to spool or not to spool this is the question??

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
Got the car back from the shop last night, hot rod cams and 3:90 gears installed.

Verdict, the gears whine, and I love it. 2-3 drives a week in summers only and I feel like I'm driving a hot rod. I wouldn't change a thing..... maybe add a centri :)

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Removed the CHE lca relocation brackets, did a quick test drive in front of the house, no axle hop on 2 hard hits, just clean tire spin.
Re-checked the measurements from the front of the tire to the fender opening, the ~1/2" difference side-to-side is gone.
I had measured my wheelbase a few weeks ago and the passenger side was about ~1/2" longer than the left, and that difference was also found in front of the rear tire, measured against the fender like I did today.
Nice to know now that my wheelbase is even side to side, or within about a 1/16" or so, which is negligible.
And nice to know that I don't need the CHE relo brackets anymore.
Guess the BMR UCA and the Steeda LCAs are doing a good enough job of locating that axle, that the relo brackets are no longer necessary.

teeje

Reaction score
Ran it yesterday. Some guy I met had an srt 4 with some major work done to it. Got him but half a car length in a quarter mile. Also waxed it and cleaned it up some more.
87e55144dee60b79eac423909e683585.jpg
5c62cf90963942129c6330067e94e799.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SpecOps13

3rd Childhood Thing
Reaction score
Wash and Hand Wax. Turned the car around in the garage so that when my Roush Under Drive Pulleys come in it's (Cars) front out. AC has been running 30 degrees and Battery charging to over night 12.79. I have 4.10 gears so it's running the accessories faster now...

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Well finally got around to looking at the carnage from Wed. track outing- was going to pull cover from rear axle ( car is still on trailer) To figure out what happen- then noticed the red bull can size chunk missing from pan. didn't have the right socket(allen bolt) and doing It on the trailer wasn't working out so I said #@%^ - it. Think I am going to order a take out used low mileage rear axle and swap it in to cruise it the rest of summer and during the summer build the original rear axle to what I want and not be rushed.

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Made a radiator block off plate for the 1/2 mile event. Hoping this helps with aerodynamics.

40e1e9054f7fa09ed0b87081a9e1aaf2.jpg

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^Saleen304- Is the areo really that bad on the older s197's? I here people talk about change hoods to gain more speed and stuff- does the air get trapped in the engine bay? I have a 14' and have never really considered it a issue- been 165+ multiple occasions on the eway and car is charging hard and smooth as glass. just curious- how will your block off effect cooling?

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^Saleen304- Is the areo really that bad on the older s197's? I here people talk about change hoods to gain more speed and stuff- does the air get trapped in the engine bay? I have a 14' and have never really considered it a issue- been 165+ multiple occasions on the eway and car is charging hard and smooth as glass. just curious- how will your block off effect cooling?

Honestly aero on S197s aren't very good no matter the year. I have been over 160 mph as well with no stability issues, but there is always room for improvement. I am not too worried about cooling since there is a big opening below for my heat exchanger and there still is a path to the radiator. I would never do this on a road course, but for a brief 1/2 mile it should be ok.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Swapped a 19K mile 3.31 axle into the car this weekend. It's so nice to be able to use first and second again, but it's taking some getting used to. I keep forgetting I need to drop two gears instead of one, but man the car is so much more usable without the 4.10s.

Send that 4.10 rear my way.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back