What have you done to your mustang today?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are definitely getting the job done....which is why I am interested in your opinion. :thumb:
My car is full weight plus I have a huge intercooler tank in the trunk. I weigh about 4030 pounds w/driver. Not far off from where you are. Yet you are going just as fast with way less power. I don't get it. I'm 60' at 1.5 and MPH at 134 to 136 and ET 10.2. You would think the auto car with 100 more HP would be significantly faster....but no. WTF?

1970394_10152221659263535_287244643_n.jpg

Sal ...

Honestly I don't really know why 1 car runs like it does and another with much more power does not.

If I actually knew I would tell you.

To be really honest with you mine is actually just a (Street Driven Mustang) that happens to run well.

There are so many variables to cars there is no way I don't think to pin point the difference.

Terry

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yes, they fit fine. I don't think they compliment the stock GT bumpers though. I look at it as a whole picture. Why the 10-14 mirrors look so good is how they mimic the edge of the headlight angle on the front fender, and on the 07-09 GT500 they mimic the pillar tilting inward towards the center of the hood. Yes, I'm very detail oriented. Lol

The retro ones go with any look on the 05-09 IMO.

Last edited:

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
The decals don't burn off?

Nope, have white ones on my calipers. (I have extra ones if you want them, I can bring them on the cruise next month).

---

I got some coilovers this morning, wish I had better pictures but it's raining and there's no sun!

^edited pic in the pic/video section

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Sal ...

Honestly I don't really know why 1 car runs like it does and another with much more power does not.

If I actually knew I would tell you.

To be really honest with you mine is actually just a (Street Driven Mustang) that happens to run well.

There are so many variables to cars there is no way I don't think to pin point the difference.

Terry
Yeah, mines just a grocery getter too.
I suppose there are other factors like being at different tracks on opposite sides of the planet. That could matter. I'm not dissapointed with my ride, just very impressed with yours. :beer:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Nope, have white ones on my calipers. (I have extra ones if you want them, I can bring them on the cruise next month).

---

I got some coilovers this morning, wish I had better pictures but it's raining and there's no sun!

Those the Street-Kit(SS)?

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Just finished installing some painted MMD mirrors. The factory mirrors look like junk compared to these. Absolutely one of my favorite mods so far...

That is one awesome lookin stang!

So those are not Agent 47's? Are they exact copies or different, they almost look a little less pointy that my A47's

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
That is one awesome lookin stang!

So those are not Agent 47's? Are they exact copies or different, they almost look a little less pointy that my A47's

Thanks! These are made by MMD (AM). Less pointy as you mentioned and the way it connects to the base is designed differently.

@bad281- I like those mirrors!!

Thanks! :beer:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

---

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Ordered some single tip gt500 axle backs off am. Have the h pipe ready to go. Now just need to decide on if the resonators go or stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mines just a grocery getter too.
I suppose there are other factors like being at different tracks on opposite sides of the planet. That could matter. I'm not dissapointed with my ride, just very impressed with yours. :beer:
Sal ...

I'm not dissapointed with my ride, just very impressed with yours. :beer:
I thank-you for the compliment. :thumb:

Also as you said you are in CA. and I am in TN.
I live in a place called, Franklin, TN. which is like 30 miles South of Nashville, TN. off I-65 interstate.

The place we ran the Bullitt each year is, Bowling Green, KY.
That is like 1 1/2 hrs. from where I am in Franklin, TN.
90 miles approx. and with No-Traffic about an 1 1/2 HR. drive.

I mention where we ran the Bullitt so I can give you some additional feedback.
That takes place at the end of Sept. and 1st of Oct.
So ......
The outside temps. are like in the 70's or maybe low 80's and not much humidity usually.
The track is totally (Treated with VHT) the whole 1/4 mile.

Taken those things into account weather wise as well as a very heavily treated drag-strip you can see the times are probably going to be as good as they possibly can be.

Also, when the Bullitt was ran it was running the (Race-Tune) with (Race-Gas).
M/T Fats & Skinnies ........
Modified Saleen Super Shaker (Air Intake).

Plus I also have the Ice-Box to cool the intake charge while drag-racing it.
(See pic. below)

So even though as I said mine is basically a "Street Driven Mustang" it does have a Ton of Performance enhancements,
Like, built B302 engine, BMR suspension, TCI Super Street Fighter Tranny, Custom Billet Converter and the list goes on and on and on.

The above might give you a better idea as to why mine can run the times it has.

Keep in mind that I have had a lot of it completely changed at Brenspeed recently.

So what it had and what it now has is to completely different matters.

I Do-Not have it back yet as it is still being completed.

Terry

Last edited:

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Sal ...

I thank-you for the compliment. :thumb:

Also as you said you are in CA. and I am in TN.
I live in a place called, Franklin, TN. which is like 30 miles South of Nashville, TN. off I-65 interstate.

The place we ran the Bullitt each year is, Bowling Green, KY.
That is like 1 1/2 hrs. from where I am in Franklin, TN.
90 miles approx. and with No-Traffic about an 1 1/2 HR. drive.

I mention where we ran the Bullitt so I can give you some additional feedback.
That takes place at the end of Sept. and 1st of Oct.
So ......
The outside temps. are like in the 70's or maybe low 80's and not much humidity usually.
The track is totally (Treated with VHT) the whole 1/4 mile.

Taken those things into account weather wise as well as a very heavily treated drag-strip you can see the times are probably going to be as good as they possibly can be.

Also, when the Bullitt was ran it was running the (Race-Tune) with (Race-Gas).
M/T Fats & Skinnies ........
Modified Saleen Super Shaker (Air Intake).

Plus I also have the Ice-Box to cool the intake charge while drag-racing it.
(See pic. below)

So even though as I said mine is basically a "Street Driven Mustang" it does have a Ton of Performance enhancements,
Like, built B302 engine, BMR suspension, TCI Super Street Fighter Tranny, Custom Billet Converter and the list goes on and on and on.

The above might give you a better idea as to why mine can run the times it has.

Keep in mind that I have had a lot of it completely changed at Brenspeed recently.

So what it had and what it now has is to completely different matters.

I Do-Not have it back yet as it is still being completed.

Terry

Sounds like we have damn near the same car.
I know the fastest times usually come out of that side of the country.
Auto racing is basically frowned upon by the tree huggers out here on the left coast
so we have very few tracks and they don't make much money so they are not well kept or prepped.
I'm going to chalk it up in part to location. :thumb:

-Sal

692_10151226877118535_403510705_n.jpg

3350_10151226877373535_490722212_n.jpg

1606896_10152135974773535_1651500417_n.jpg

379768_10151643566918535_946417392_n.jpg

538157_10151428697813535_1261706079_n.jpg

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sal ...

Sounds like we have damn near the same car.
I know the fastest times usually come out of that side of the country.
Auto racing is basically frowned upon by the tree huggers out here on the left coast
so we have very few tracks and they don't make much money so they are not well kept or prepped.
I'm going to chalk it up in part to location. :thumb:

Looks like we have very similar cars for sure.

Luv the pictures you Posted :beer:

Just happens we live across the USA from one another.

Yes, I think the difference is very much related to the Drag Strips and difference in weather when we run them.

Here is a short story on a close buddy of mine.
He knows people, (Friends) in CA.
He lives in San Antonio, TX.
He calls them and sets a time to drive over to see and stay awhile visiting the different ones.
He had just gotten back from BRENSPEED having a Saleen Supercharger and other things done to his 08 Bullitt Mustang.
Actually he drove to my house and I drove him to and back from BRENSPEED.
Back to the Story on him visiting friends in CA.
So he does make the drive in his Newly Supercharged Bullitt Mustang he was so proud of.
Guess what really took place with the (Tree Huggers) ???
He mentioned his Bullitt casually in conversation several times without going overboard.
What did they do and how did they respond ???
Simple, they did not care to "Comment", nor did they even go out and take a look at it !!!
No Shit they just completely ignored his Bullitt he was so proud of and drove the damn thing from San Antonio, TX. to CA. to visit with them.
Oh the guy I speak of was 70 yrs. old that I speak of.
So him taking the time and effort to go visit what he thought was still friends in CA. went to shit.
Oh if your wondering ???
I doubt he will make that trip again anytime soon.

So I can well imagine what you say regarding CA. and Drag Racing in general.

Terry

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Sal ...

Looks like we have very similar cars for sure.

Luv the pictures you Posted :beer:

Just happens we live across the USA from one another.

Yes, I think the difference is very much related to the Drag Strips and difference in weather when we run them.

Here is a short story on a close buddy of mine.
He knows people, (Friends) in CA.
He lives in San Antonio, TX.
He calls them and sets a time to drive over to see and stay awhile visiting the different ones.
He had just gotten back from BRENSPEED having a Saleen Supercharger and other things done to his 08 Bullitt Mustang.
Actually he drove to my house and I drove him to and back from BRENSPEED.
Back to the Story on him visiting friends in CA.
So he does make the drive in his Newly Supercharged Bullitt Mustang he was so proud of.
Guess what really took place with the (Tree Huggers) ???
He mentioned his Bullitt casually in conversation several times without going overboard.
What did they do and how did they respond ???
Simple, they did not care to "Comment", nor did they even go out and take a look at it !!!
No Shit they just completely ignored his Bullitt he was so proud of and drove the damn thing from San Antonio, TX. to CA. to visit with them.
Oh the guy I speak of was 70 yrs. old that I speak of.
So him taking the time and effort to go visit what he thought was still friends in CA. went to shit.
Oh if your wondering ???
I doubt he will make that trip again anytime soon.

So I can well imagine what you say regarding CA. and Drag Racing in general.

Terry

I live 30 miles from San Francisco......the Prius population is out of hand here but you know what?
I am on e85 full time so I can park my monster mustang in the "Green energy vehicles only" section of parking lots and give the finger to anyone who who gives me dirty looks...and I do. :asskiss3:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I live 30 miles from San Francisco......the Prius population is out of hand here but you know what?
I am on e85 full time so I can park my monster mustang in the "Green energy vehicles only" section of parking lots and give the finger to anyone who who gives me dirty looks...and I do. :asskiss3:

This is the best thing I've ever heard. Do you get any crap from people for it?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score

As stated there can be many variables leading to the differences...also, the hp on the dyno doesn't mean squat at the track. When I put mine on a dyno last year at American Muscle with the small 2.75" pulley my IAT's only went up to 140* and I made 607rwhp and 627rwtq and the ambient temps in the dyno room were well above 100*!. Two weeks ago at the track when the outside air temps were around 58* and I ran the next to the lowest boost pulley I have (3.5") my IAT's were at 144* by the end of a run.

From the video you posted it sounds like you are chirping the tires on the launch so you are loosing some 60' there and how is your tune set up to lock the torque converter, sounds almost like it happens right when it shifts into 4th which is possibly costing you some ET at the end of the track. When I lock my converter (switch I control near my shifter with the 4R70W trans) I don't lock it until I'm after the 1000' mark close to 6000rpms.

I never ran my car at the track with the small pulley either so my 10.25 run was probably with less than 600 to the tires...it's all in the setup and 60'. My 10.25 run was a 1.43 60' but I also leave using a trans brake.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
This is the best thing I've ever heard. Do you get any crap from people for it?
Constantly.....I get "How irresponsible....why do you need such a gas guzzler?"
I tell them it's not a gas guzzler, it runs on ethanol and is completely green...what does your car run on?

That's usually the end of the conversation.:evillaugh:

Back