What have you done to your mustang today?

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
At autozone buying the socket I need for my x pipe install tomorrow, I came across this. You have no idea how bad I needed this. Mine was broken at the key ring tab for about 2 years and never got a replacement until now. I can finally put my key fob on my key ring again and not worry about losing it!

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Do you need both keys and fobs to set that up? I only have one key and fob. Never got the 2nd set when I bought the car.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
I wanted to get one of those keys I just figured it would be a pain in the ass to set up. I may go out today and look for those new cases cause mine are looking ragged.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Do you need both keys and fobs to set that up? I only have one key and fob. Never got the 2nd set when I bought the car.

Yeah if you don't have both keys you have to have a dealer or locksmith set up the new key, but after you have two you can set up your own additional ones.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gabe,

Hey man that really looks Awesome !!!

2014-05-13_H-pipe6_zpse34c7224.jpg

Terry

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe,

Hey man that really looks Awesome !!!

2014-05-13_H-pipe6_zpse34c7224.jpg

Terry

Thank you Terry ...

Today i borrowed a friend's lift and installed a new GT500KR shifter in the girlfriend's '08 GT500

Pretty good improvement over the stock unit, and easy to get used to it. Should've been stock on all GT500's

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Just got done installing the Pypes offroad x pipe to go along with my fr500s axlebacks I just got off Cam. Haven't fired it up, but about to. I did manage to break one of the studs in half (the one I was having problems with yesterday). The nut on there was a 17mm for some reason and the other one on the same flange was a 15mm. I remember missing the nuts when I removed my ARH longtubes a couple of years ago and had to go to ford to buy some replacement nuts (which I think were the 15mm ones). Luckily I didn't have problems with the other 3 and managed to do the swap. There was barely enough thread in the broken stud to put the nut on. I was able to get the nut all the way in and the stud barely reached the end of the new nut since the flange on the Pypes is thinner than the stock flange. Hopefully I don't have any problems there, but if I do, I'll worry about it later. I think I can get the broken stud off and insert a new one, but didn't want to deal with that right now. I forgot how loud my car was when I was running ARH longtubes with offroad x pipe along with Mac AB's. I'm guessing this will sound about the same, which is good since I loved the old setup.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Those studs have a hex on them, so they are pretty easy to remove. They are expensive to get from the dealer though. Even at employee cost, they were about $20 each IIRC. If I were you, l would pop the stud off and go find a bolt thats the right size and just run it into the manifold. I did that after I snapped one of my studs and I haven't had an issue. Another thing to consider is that you might be able to buy a set off of someone on here. Tons of stock manifolds laying around. I would send you 1 of my spares, but I'm too nervous about breaking or stripping one. Seems like it happens almost every time that damn pipe comes off.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I'll probably just run a bolt through it next time I mess with it. Which is probably going to be really soon haha. I just took it for a spin around the block, and the sound is insane! I like it a lot but it's wwwaaayyy too loud not to draw attention from cops or everyone within a block radius! I'm going to throw the stock mufflers back on right now and run it like this for a month or so until I have to smog the car again. I'll throw the fr500s back on with the stock pipe then, and mess with that stud.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I've been through a million different set ups and I'm super happy with my FR500/bullitt mid pipe combo. I just wish it was a bit louder, but I'm not doing off road with these. My neighbors will kill me

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
Rotated tires, washed it and installed x-pipe. Also found out my dust boot had been rubbing my rear shock so bad the paint is gone and there is surface rust. Damn shocks only a couple months old. I rotated the boot and it looks like it might not drag on the shock body now. I didn't even think the boot could be off enough to rub the shock the way it has. Oh well, gonna have to paint it now.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Installed BMR relocation brackets and detailed.
Thats another piece off the parts pile waiting list and on the car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back